Chapter 20_ Facebook fetish

"I want my shirt back," Harvey said as soon as I entered the classroom.

"Hi to you to," I said and made my way to my desk.

He followed me and pulled a chair from my neighbouring desk and sat down, facing me.

"So my shirt," he said.

"I'm not giving it back until you return mine," I said.

"You are the one who's going to return mine first, because you took it first," he said.

"Well, I'm not returning first," I said.

"Me neither," he shrugged.

"Me neither," I replied. "Plus, you still haven't told me about the stalker business."

Believe it or not, I was having so much fun at Harvey's house, that I totally forgot the reason why I went there in the first place.

"Are you seriously going to interrogate me?" he asked, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, now spill," I ordered.

"I saw you standing and peeping around a corner. I knew you were up to no good. I stood and waited for you to make a move. I was more than surprised to see you take out an onion and smell it," he shook his head. "But that is the kind of thing I would expect from you."

"Then," I prompted.

"Then you covered your face and turned the corner. When I went after you, I saw that Mr. Collins was leading you to his office. When you went inside, I heard your conversation through the keyhole. And when I heard you get up from the chair, I ran away. I wrote the note and slid it into your locker," he explained.

"What were you even doing near the staff's men's room?" I asked. "Why weren't you in the cafeteria stuffing yourself with food?"

"Nobody knows you better than I do. The minute you created trouble in the class, I was damn sure you were going to do something. I stalked you for the rest of the day," he said smugly.

"No more stalking now. Or I'm gonna teach you a lesson you'll never forget," I threatened.

"What will you do? Cry fake tears and make me feel guilty?" he mocked.

"If it works," I said.

"It won't," he said and went back to his seat, as Miss David entered the classroom.

"Harvey, stand up!" she ordered in the middle of the lecture.

Everyone's heads turned towards Harvey as he stood up, looking confused.

"What historical places are found in Spain?" she asked.

Harvey looked taken aback at such a random question.

"We studied them yesterday," said Miss David. "I don't come here to just speak and leave. What do you remember from the lecture?"

"There was a bridge. Some sort of religious building. And something about a huge palace," he said.

"Is that all you remember? Next time listen to the lectures and prepare them at home, instead of wasting time with certain people," she said.

"But..." he started.

"Sit down and don't answer me back. Didn't your parents teach you any manners?" she said.

Harvey pursed his lips and sat down.

Miss David started her lecture again.

"You know what was that all about?" asked Harvey, outside the classroom.