Chapter 30_ A diary! That's it!

Read author's note at end. Comment too.

"Guess where am I going to spend my summer vacations?" Hilda blocked my way as soon as I entered the school gates.

"I don't really care," I said, and tried to side step her, but her faithful friend Lisa blocked my way with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Oh, you do care," she said, smiling.

"Why should I?" I asked, tiredly.

"Remember when we were in 7th grade..." Hilda said.

"Yes?" I said.

"One day, during the English lecture..." she stopped again, waiting for me to respond.

I kept staring at her with a bored look on my face.

"All the students had to tell what their dream place was. Do you remember?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"And you said it was your ultimate dream to visit Switzerland," she said.

"So?" I asked.

"I'm going to Switzerland this summer. You can come with me," she said.

"Why would you want me to come with you?" I asked. "Plus, I can't afford the trip."

"That's the reason. I think there is no way you can ever afford to go. So, being the kind person I am, I have decided to take you with me. You won't have to pay even a tiny bit of money," she said.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, ignoring what she said about me never being able to afford the trip.

"I told you, I have a kind heart," she said, looking innocent.

"When hell freezes over," I scoffed. "What's in it for you?"

"Nothing," she said.

"Well, whatever the reason is, the answer's no," I said, and pushed Lisa out of my way.

No way was I ever going to believe that Hilda was taking me on a free trip to my dream place, without taking something in return. She was probably planning to make me be her slave the entire trip.

"I'm sure your daddy will never take you there. Oh I forgot, he won't be taking you anywhere anytime soon. Or ever, for that matter," she snickered. "You may as well except my offer."

It wasn't the first time she had made fun of me for being an orphan, but it was the first time it angered me.

"Shut up!" I growled, struggling to keep my tears inside my eyes.

"Why so angry?" she snickered again.

I was so angry that I couldn't even reply.

"What's going on here?" asked Harvey stepping between me and Hilda.

"Don't interrupt us, Harvey. I'm giving her a chance of a life time," Hilda said smugly.

"She doesn't want to take the chance. Thank you very much," said Harvey and grabbed my arm to lead me away.

"I'm taking her to Switzerland with me this summer," she said.

"I'm sorry but she can't come," Harvey scowled.

"And you know that how?" asked Hilda, challenging.

"Because she already said that she's going to spend her vacations with me and Jamie," Harvey lied.

"I thought she was only taking my place as your friend. But now I can see she's so much more imposing than I ever was. Involving herself with your cousins too," Hilda said, disgust obvious in her voice.