Chapter 3 Hospitals and Potato Girl

"Yeah," she replied, ever so unruffled, "I think my water just broke."

In the bathroom, Mikasa sat peacefully, as she waited for Eren. She grinned as she heard sounds of him rushing, cursing, and bumping into something which ultimately led to more cursing. By the time he made his way to her, he was limping and had wide, panicked eyes.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" she teased, her face showing no emotion.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

As usual, Mikasa was the calm one in the situation while Eren, more or less, freaked out. Their entire car ride and the first two hours in the hospital, she had been fine. Passive and relaxed, she lay in her bed as she told Eren to quit pacing around and calm down.

Armin had walked into the all too familiar scene of Eren yelling, "Don't treat me like a goddamn kid!" and sweat-dropped.

"E-Eren. Mikasa," he greeted, as they both looked towards him.

"Armin," Mikasa smiled at her childhood friend, as her husband made his way over and slapped said friend on the back. "Left Annie and the boys at home, I see," he said.

Armin grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his head, "Yeah...she had my phone when Mikasa texted that the baby was coming and told me to go to the hospital as fast as possible. She said she'll be here tomorrow."

"I'm glad you could come," Mikasa said.

"Of course I'd be here. You both were with Annie and I when we had our triplets."

"Man was I surprised," Eren added, "Not only did you guys keep the genders a secret, but the number too! I was speechless when they pulled Sam out after John, and even Mikasa gasped when Mark came out last." To this day, he remembers watching her dark hooded eyes widen in complete shock.

Mikasa clicked her tongue, "From what I remember Armin took having three kids better than you just having one."

"Oi..." Eren warned.

"Let's not fight during a time like this," Armin said nervously, "Mikasa doesn't need any extra stress and I think Eren's doing fine."

"Before you came, he kept walking around and rambling and his hands wouldn't stop shaking," she said. Eren scowled at her and she gave him an indifferent look back. But to her surprise, he backed down without saying anything, and simply sat down in a chair to brood.

Armin sighed at the glooming Eren as he walked over to go sit by him. The three spent a few minutes idly chatting with themselves, when the door burst open and voice cried out, "Mikasaaaaaa!"

The soon to be mother watched, mildly surprised, as her long time, food obsessed friend from college ran up to her and wrapped her in a large bear hug.

"Sasha..." she whispered, dazedly.

"Annie texted me that you were having the baby! But Connie and I were in the middle of dinner, so we had to finish that of course. But never fear," she paused to take a breath, "we stopped for doughnuts!"

On cue, a rather tired looking Connie walked in with six boxes of dessert in his arms. Sasha made her way over to him, eyes shining and mouth watering, as she took three of the boxes out of his hands. "Share the rest with everyone" she whispered, placing a peck on his temple.

"Yo Eren, Armin, Mikasa," he said, greeting all three at once, "Sorry for springing up on you guys out of nowhere, but that one," he pointed over to the corner where his girlfriend sat, already tearing into her second box of doughnuts, "wouldn't stop yelling about seeing Mikasa give birth and getting something to eat."