Chapter 7

Enjoy!
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

The heavy downpour of rain and lighting was loud enough to keep Eren awake in bed for the last two hours. It had been storming since dusk, and didn't look like it would let up anytime soon.

Languidly, he turned his eyes over to Mikasa and watched her sleeping form. It was a habit he picked up when they both shared a bed as a couple, and after they both began sharing a bed ever since Mikasa was pregnant, he instantly reverted back to it.

Ever since the night they first shared the same bed, seventeen long years ago, Eren was still sure he hated that way Mikasa slept. She would lie there, still as corpse, not even moving to make the tiniest breath and that would always make an irrational part of him panic. To this very day, he would sometimes shake her awake in the middle of night, just to make sure she was still breathing.

A particularly sharp boom of thunder made Eren jump and everything in the room seemed to rattle and shift but Mikasa laid there, unmoving and silent. Heart pounding, he quickly placed a grip on his wife's shoulders and began shaking her.

It took nearly two minutes before Mikasa was roused from her slumber and sleepily she looked Eren in the eye. He didn't say anything, though his face looked concerned.

"Is something...wrong?" she drawled out sleepily, though she was quite used to Eren randomly waking her up at night.

He shook his head and ran his hand down her arm, brushing against her elbow, before coming to a stop at her palm. Slowly she interlaced their fingers and was again asleep in a few seconds.

"Would it kill you not look dead while sleep?" Eren muttered quietly, though he knew she couldn't hear him.

The rain continued to fall harshly and Eren found himself slowly drifting into sleep when his ears picked up on a strange thumping sound. When he realized the sound of small knuckles rapping against the door, he heard a soft cry come the hallway.

He sat up and rushed over to the door, opening it. In the darkness, he made out Emika's squatting form as she whimpered into her hands. Tenderly, he lifted her into his arm and closed the bedroom door behind them.

"Couldn't sleep either, huh?" he whispered, cradling her in his arms.

She shook her head and buried her face into the crook of his neck, "The rain sc-scared me..."

Eren smiled and gently rubbed his daughter's hair. Even though the toddler loved watching wrestling, fought boys six inches taller than her, and gave even her mother a hard time, she was still a little girl at heart; one who was apparently afraid of thunderstorms.

"Why don't you sleep with Mommy and Daddy tonight?" he asked, making his way to the bed.

"Okay..." she pouted.

He carried her over to the king sized bed and gently placed her under the covers before crawling in after her.

"Go to sleep, okay?" he said, "It's too late for you to be up."

"Okay...is Mommy alright?"

"Of course, why?"

"She's not moving..."

"Yeah...Mommy sleeps a dead lady."

"A dead lady?!" the four year old cried, panicked.

"No no no! She's not dead! She...she's just really tired after watching over you all day, so she gets really sleepy at nighttime."

That seemed to satisfy Emika as she curled against her mother and studied her face before commenting, "Mommy's eyelashes are really long..."

"Yeah...they are..." Eren agreed sleepily.

The little girl sensed her father's drowsiness, "Goodnight Daddy..."

"G'night sweetheart..."

Several hours later, Mikasa woke up to the sight of her daughter drooling onto her chest while her tiny legs kicked into her father's stomach and couldn't help but smiled confusedly.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Eren watched as his wife scowled at Annie, who glared right back at her.

"She eats dinner at seven and is in bed by eight," Mikasa said roughly.

"I've raised three kids already. I know how it's done," Annie replied, equally as cold.

"You raised three boys. She is a girl."

"I could tell."

Eren could see Mikasa's fists shaking and hooked his arm in hers before calling out, "We're heading out Armin! We'll pick her up tomorrow morning! See you all later!"

"Bye bye!" Emika called from the upstairs, "Wait John!" she cried, "I said I was going to be blue ranger!"

"Bye!" Armin called out from his parlor, "Have fun you two!"

"Fun?" Mikasa asked, "What is he t-mmph!" Eren had his hand pressed over her mouth as he dragged his wife outside the Arlelt residence. Outside she shoved him off and quickly walked over to their car.

A few minutes later, they both were driving home and Mikasa glowered out the window, blatantly ignoring her husband.

Eren gulped, "Are you gonna be mad at me for the rest of the day?"

"Why did you insist on having Emika sleep over at Armin's?" Mikasa asked, ignoring his question.

"I have my reasons...But why are you even mad? Aren't you the one who's always telling me not to hover over her?"

Mikasa clicked her tongue, "I don't like the idea of Annie watching her..."

Eren rolled his eyes and turned his eyes back to the road, "Armin and I keep telling you guys to get over...whatever the heck it is you both have."

"I still don't see why you gave our daughter away."

"Oi," Eren growled, "I didn't fucking giving anything away. Armin. Is. Watching. Her. Only. For. One. Goddamn. Day," he bit out.

"Whatever..." Mikasa muttered.

Eren sighed and gave up. He figured that it'd be best to just let her in on his surprise because at this rate, there'd be no way he'd get her out of the house.

"Happy anniversary," he said.

Mikasa froze for a second, before sighing, "Happy anniversary to you too Eren..."

"What, did you forget?"

"Of course not."

"Then why did it take you all day to say it to me?"

"Because by the time I got out of bed this morning, you had our daughter's bags packed and demanded that she sleep at Armin's house tonight."

"And what reason would I have for getting our daughter out of the house on the night of our anniversary?"

Immediately, Mikasa blushed bright red and Eren began sputtering, "NO! WAIT! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK! I'M TAKING YOU OUT FOR DINNER! I SWEAR! JUST DINNER! THAT'S WHY I ASKED ARMIN TO WATCH EMIKA TONIGHT! SO QUIT FREAKING BLUSHING, MIKASA!"

A few embarrassed seconds passed before she smiled thoughtfully and said, "Oh...thank you."

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Later that night, Eren pressed his tongue into Mikasa's mouth as his hand ran under her dress and up her thigh.

She nearly broke his belt buckle off before whispering out, "I thought-"a gasp "we were just going to have dinner." Eren pulled down her zipper and bit her lip to shut her up and she wriggled her hand into his boxers.

And at that moment, they both gave a silent thanks to their pal Armin.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Xmas break has started now it's time to update some stories & check out my second account 17thDoctor