Chapter 9 Party

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

The night ended up being anything but calm.

Light rain pattered as Eren looked out the window. He saw the last of the police cars back out of his driveway before turning to his wife, who had her face buried in her palms. He had a feeling she wouldn't come out of there for a long time. Eren turned towards the last two guests, Jean and Marco, whom was unconscious as Jean dragged him out the, and sighed.

Never again was he inviting all his friends over on the same night he thought, as he tiredly recalled the day's events.

6 hours earlier

It was raining heavliy outside while Mikasa was placing the last of the table settings, and Eren was upstairs bathing Emika, when they heard a knock on their door.

"I got it," she called out, before making her way over.

She opened the door to the familiar sight of Armin, Annie and their sons. The boys ran inside screaming, "Emikaaaaa!" while their parents stopped in the living room.

"You're early," Mikasa said.

Armin shrugged and smiled, "I thought I could help you guys get ready?"

Mikasa smiled back at him and then warily eyed Annie, who was walking into the kitchen.

"Do you need something?' she asked.

Annie ignored her and opened the fridge.

"Do you need something?" Mikasa asked again, growing irritated.

Annie smirked at her and shook her head, "No...Just wondering what food you had."

"...The food's on the table."

"Oh really? I couldn't tell," Annie said, but by the glint in her eyes, Mikasa could tell she was mocking her.

Armin slowly backed away from the soon-to-be passive aggressive argument and bumped into something. He looked down and met a pair of shining eyes.

"Uncle Armin!" Emika cheered as she hugged his legs, with nothing but a towel wrapped around herself.

He ruffled her wet hair and lifted her up in the air, "Have you been okay?"

She nodded her head, "Yup!"

"Has Daddy been giving Mommy trouble still?"

"Yup!" she repeated, nodding her head even harder.

At that moment, Armin felt a fist hit his back, and he stumbled forward.

"I heard that you bastard..." Eren muttered.

Armin smiled sheepishly and raised a hand in surrender.

There was another knock on the door and Annie went to go answer it. At the door was Sasha, Connie, Jean and Marco. The four of them came in donning huge raincoats and shaking raindrops off themselves as all the kids ran to go greet and hug them.

Marco and Connie were talking animatedly with the boys, Sasha walked of in search of food, while Jean knelt down in front of Emika and pinched her nose.

"I see you're still as cute as ever."

The four year old beamed, "Thank you! Guess what, Uncle Jean? The other day when Daddy picked me up from school the other day, my teacher, Mrs. Ral, said I look more and more like him each day!"