Chapter 6 Don't mess with Mom

Enjoy my friends!

"Ouch..." Eren muttered, as he walked up his driveway. His lip was bleeding, hair disheveled, bruises forming all over his torso and back as he limped up to his front door. He wanted nothing more than to collapse on his bed and fall into a sleep, but he knew that if he didn't clean himself up before Mikasa saw him, there would be hell to pay.

He opened the door and had only taken two steps when he heard a gasp. "Fuck...she's awake," he thought.

"Eren!" Mikasa cried, rushing over to him, "What happened?"

He let her lead him over the couch before answering, "Jean and I got into a little accident..."

She rolled her eyes angrily and went to the cabinets to find the first aid kit. Eren stiffly sat on the couch as he waited for the inevitable. She came back and kneeled in front of him, examining his wounds.

"I told you dirt biking was dangerous."

Eren groaned, "Give me a break."

"I did when I let you go on this stupid trip and look what happened."

He scratched his head and looked away, "It was actually going pretty well. We were all taking turns and messing around on the track. But it was all safe, I promise."

Mikasa peeled of his shirt and winced at the six of seven bruises across his chest, "If it was so safe, then how did this," she pointed to his bloody lip, "happen?"

"Before we were about to leave, Jean asked Connie to race him and won. Then he kept fucking gloating so much that I decided to shut him up...But somehow we ended up crashing into each other and WAIT MIKASA! DON'T PUT A FREAKING BARBIE BAND-AID ON ME!"

Mikasa clicked her tongue, she had hoped that he wouldn't notice as he was explaining the story, "We ran out of the regular kind and Emika's are the only ones we have left, Eren. If you're that upset, then buy some normal ones later."

Eren angrily ripped the bandage off but Mikasa caught his wrist in a painful and viselike grip.

"You need to wear a band-aid so that your wound can heal, Eren," she said dangerously. She squeezed his wrist until he winced, before adding, "You can't let your wounds get infected."

He gulped at her frightening and unexpected disposition before hanging his head in defeat.

"Fine," he grumbled.

Mikasa went about wiping, bandaging, and cleaning his wounds with alcohol while ignoring Eren's complaints about how much the stuff stung. When he yelled, "Dammit!" she remembered her conversation with Emika earlier. Reflexively, her grip on Eren's shoulder tightened and she thought she heard something crack.

"Ow!" he cried, "What the hell was that for?"

"Goddammit," Mikasa said blankly.

"What?"

"Goddammit," Mikasa repeated.

Eren was so confused.

He then realized that he had never heard Mikasa curse before and had no idea what brought about the sudden change, "Umm... am I missing something?"

Mikasa cocked her head to the side, "Guess who said that to me today, Eren?"

It took him nearly ten seconds to realize, but Mikasa had to give him credit to for how mortified his face looked when it dawned on him. Guiltily, he cast his eyes to the floor.

"I thought I told you to stop cursing in front of her."

"...I know..."

"What if she said that in front of company?"

"I know..."

"You really need to learn to control that mouth of yours."

"I-"

"I swear to God, Eren, if you say 'I know' one more time, I will to hit you."

Silence stretched in the room as both occupants stared each other down. A minute passed before Mikasa sighed tiredly, "Just promise me you'll try to censor yourself around her?"

Eren bowed his head, "I promise."

Mikasa stood up and in once clean swoop, lifted Eren into her arms, bridal style. Immediately he began sputtering and kicking and couldn't help smiling to herself.

"Put me down, Mikasa!" he shouted.

"You were limping earlier. You need to rest your le-"

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE! PUT ME DOWN!" he screamed.

Mikasa kneed him roughly, before climbing up the stairs, "Stop yelling. You're going to wake Emika up."

"Then. Put. Me. Down!" he hissed.

Mikasa ignored his request and kept walking, "This is your punishment."

"I already apologized!" he groaned.

"Did you, now?" Mikasa asked teasingly.

"This isn't funny Mikasa. I'm serious. Put me-"

"Eren, for some reason I couldn't find one of our red vases today..."

She smirked inwardly as Eren decided to finally shut up and accept his position.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~