Deleted Chapter

One chapter that didnt make it to the final story!

"You booked the entire restaurant, right?" Eren asked into his phone.

"Didn't I tell you that I did?" Jean replied, "Anyway why do I have to help you throw your wife's birthday party?"

Eren groaned, "Because Armin's in charge of bringing her there, Annie said no and Sasha's mouth is as big as her appetite…Well almost as big. So you were the next best option."

"You need more friends."

"You need to shut up."

"That's not how you thank someone who's helping you throw a surprise party."

"…Sorry."

"What's this? Is Eren Yeager actually saying sorry."

"I freaking hate you."

"The feeling's mutual."

"Listen here horseface, I do- Oi! Karlee get off me! Don't take the pho- Get back here!"

Jean heard the sound of yelling, laughing, and then the loud slam of a door.

Tentatively he asked, "Who's there?"

"It's me, Uncle Jean!" Karlee giggled.

A warm smile stretched on his face, "What up kiddo? It's been a while."

Karlee nodded, "Yeah. That's because Daddy says I'm not allowed to talk to you."

Jean's eye twitched "He said that? Really?

"Really."

"Well tell Daddy he can kiss my-"

"Ass!" Karlee interrupted.

Silence stretched as Jean tried to process what just happened.

"…What did you just say?" he asked.

"Ass!" Karlee cried, "Kiss my ass, right? Daddy said that to Mommy once and she kicked him really hard! And then another time he said it to this guy when we were driving. And another time he sa-Daddy! Nooo! But I'm not done talking to Uncle Jean!"

"You still there?" Eren grouched.

"Yeager. You need to get your fucking act together, your six year just told 'kiss my ass'."

"She did…shit."

"I'm so telling Mikasa."

"Wait. Jean. No. Stop. Ple-"

Jean hung up.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Come on Mikasa," Armin said, "Cheer up."

Mikasa looked away. It was her birthday, and even though she told Eren she didn't want a party, she hadn't expected him to go out and leave her alone all day. He was gone before she woke up, with a note that simply read: Busy today. See you tonight.

"Not even a happy birthday," Mikasa whispered bitterly.

Armin sweat-dropped, "I'm sure he has his reasons."

They both walked out of the mall complex. When she realized Eren wasn't going to spend her birthday with her, she called Armin to complain. But kindly and surprisingly enough, he offered to take her out to celebrate and Annie agreed to watch Karlee and Erik.

"Yeah right," Mikasa said, "He probably just forgot."

"I'm sure he didn't," Armin told her, "So don't brood, it doesn't suit your face."

"Oh Armin," Mikasa sighed, "Why didn't I just marry your instead?"

He scratched his head, "Don't say that. You married Eren because you love him and he'd be heartbroken if he heard you say that."

"Would he? Would he really?" Mikasa asked.

"I know he's an idiot and gives you nothing but headaches," Armin said, "But he really does love you, believe it or not."

"I know…" Mikasa sulked, "I'm just a little down, that's all."

"Would a trip to your favorite restaurant fix that?"

A huge grin spread on Mikasa's face and she wrapped Armin in a bone-crushing hug, "It just might."

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

As they were walking up to the restaurant, Mikasa noticed the sly grin on Armin's face.

"What are you smiling about?" she asked.

"Oh nothing…" he answered.

"Stop it," she told him, "You look creepy."

"…That's pretty mean," he said.

When Mikasa was about to enter the door, Armin covered her eyes and she immediately knew what was going on.

"He didn't," she gasped, as Armin pushed her through the door.

A group of people yelled, "Surprise!"

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Come on Mikasa!" Sasha yelled, "This is your party! You need to let loose. Have a drink or something."

Mikasa sighed, "I know…I'm just worried about Erik and Karlee."

"They're fine! Annie's taking care them!"

"That's exactly why I'm worried."

Sasha was laughing when Jean walked up to them. He looked mortified.

"What's wrong?" Sasha asked him.

"…I need a drink…" Jean mumbled.

She cocked her head, "Why?"

"I went the bathroom," he sounded horrified, "And in there I heard…I heard…"

Mikasa and Sasha leaned in and both questioned, "Heard what?"

Jean's eyes looked dead, "Ymir and Bert getting in on."

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Mikasa was sitting at one of the tables, sipping some wine, when Eren sat down next to her. It had been three hours into the party when they finally got to talk to each other. He placed his had along the curve where shoulder meets neck and she leaned into the touch.

"Are you having fun?" he asked her.

Mikasa looked around. Everyone was either dancing, eating or drinking, and Sasha somehow found a way to simultaneously to all three. Well everyone besides Bert and Ymir, who were still in the bathroom. She made a mental note to get them a designated driver home.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I guess."

Eren frowned her, "I went through a lot of trouble to throw this. The least you could do is pretend that you're having a good time."

"I'm sorry," Mikasa said, "I just would have preferred something…more personal."

"Personal?" he asked.

Mikasa face grew warm, "You know…just you and me…"

Eren snorted, "Is that it?" He leaned in close her whispered in her ear, "We'll have plenty of 'you and me' time tonight."

He trailed his fingers across the soft dip of her waist and Mikasa swallowed. She turned to tell him to stop but he cut her off with a chaste kiss. It was sweet a first, but then Eren started getting his tongue into it.

From across the room, a very drunk Connie yelled, "Get a freaking room!"

Now I regret not putting it in