Chapter 5 Family Troubles

*Note: I'm sick today so I decided to release it much earlier so the new Xmas update will be Chapter 7 & 8.
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Eren was lying on the couch when heard the sounds of footsteps running across the floor upstairs, "Don't wanna!" a voice cried.

"Emika..." Mikasa sighed, "It's time to go to bed. Now come put your nightg-"

"NO!" the toddler screamed, before running off in another direction. He heard Mikasa groan before chasing after their stubborn toddler and smiled.

Every night after dinner, Mikasa would give their daughter a bath and try to get her dressed and ready for bed. But it always ended up with the four year old running out of the bathroom, screaming about how she wasn't tired yet, and Mikasa running after her.

"Need some help?" Eren called out.

"No!" Mikasa yelled, much like her daughter just did. For some reason that surprised everyone, Emika had grown to constantly disobey her mother. From throwing fits, running away, and always screeching, "NO!" at the top of her lungs, the little girl didn't hold back when it came to giving her mom headaches.

Truthfully, though Eren found the entire situation hilarious, he did feel bad for his wife sometimes and tried to help, but Mikasa was determined to set her daughter straight by herself.

He watched idly, as the naked child ran down the stairs and leaped under the coffee table. Immediately a very irate Mikasa came running down the stairs as well.

"Where is she?"

Eren silently pointed at the table.

When Mikasa began taking loud, angry steps toward the table, Emika screeched and dove out of reach, into her father's arms.

"Help daddy!" she said, trying to hide behind his back, "Mommy's gonna get me!"

"Well that's because, you," Eren pinched her tiny nose, "need to go to bed."

The little girl pouted and shook her head, "But I'm not tiiiiiired!"

"You will be once you lie down."

"No I won't!"

"Yes you will. I promise."

She seemed to consider this for a moment and held out her small pinky, "Promise daddy?"

Eren hooked his wide and rough finger against his daughter's and whispered, "Promise."

That seemed to do the trick because Emika jumped off his lap and skipped towards her mother, "I'm ready to go to bed now!"

Mikasa frowned down at her, "Don't run around after your bath anymore," she chided. A second passed before she firmly added, "Understand."

The little girl nodded and grabbed onto her mother's hand. Mikasa walked them both up the stairs and, a few minutes later, came trudging back into the living room. Eren stood up, opened his arms towards her and shot her a smirk. She glared at him but still made her way over and slumped herself in his hug.

"I thought it got easier after the 'terrible twos'" she murmured.

Eren laughed softly, "It's because you're always so strict."

"Children need guidance," Mikasa said firmly.

"Children need to have some fun," Eren countered.