Chapter 10

Enjoy & have a Merry Christmas
~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

It was a rare moment in the Yeager household. So rare, that even Emika was surprised at it. Never in her five short years of living, had she ever seen something like this happen.

Mommy and Daddy had...agreed on something.

It had all started earlier that day at school. Her teacher, Mrs. Ral, announced that there would be no school the coming Friday. All the kids started cheering as she passed out a slip of paper to each one of them.

"Why?" a boy asked.

"Because this Friday," she handed the last piece of paper out, "Is Take Your Kid To Work Day!"

When Eren picked Emika up from school later that day, she had told him the news and went on and on about how excited she was to see his office. She didn't notice the anxious look on his face until he flat out said, "I don't think that's a good idea..."

She had paused, eyes wide. It was unusual for her father to deny her of something.

"But why?" she asked, voice already shaking.

Eren kept his eyes on the road and sighed, "The people I work with are...special."

"I like special people!" Emika cried.

"Not the good kind. I mean I love those guys but...Yeah, there's no way they're meeting you," he said resolutely.

Emika began to whine and complain, and didn't even stop when she was offered ice cream. When they got home, she pouted, looked away from him when he unbuckled her booster seat, and briskly walked up to the front door.

When both walked inside she screamed, "MOOOOMMY!"

Immediately Mikasa came sprinting down the stairs, hair soapy and in a towel.

"What's wrong?!" she asked.

Eren rolled his eyes, "Ignore her, it's nothing. Anyway, what the hell do you think you're doing running around when you're seven months pregnant? Didn't we talk about this the first time around?!"

Mikasa disregarded him and turned towards her daughter, "Why did you yell like that?"

Emika's eyes began to tear up, "Because this Friday is Bring Your Kid To Work Day and Daddy said that I can't go!"

Mikasa paused for a moment and then sighed in relief, "Good."

The five year old blinked in surprise. Whenever one of her parents, her mother most of the time, said no to her, she would always go to the other one to help convince them.

Mikasa began walking up the stairs, "It's okay Emika. You don't want to meet the kind of people Daddy works with anyway."

Eren glared at her, "Watch it."

Mikasa was not the least bit intimidated, "And if I don't?"

He scowled at her before turning away and proclaimed, "Now that I think about it...Maybe I will bring her with me."

Immediately Mikasa flinched and looked alarmed, "That's not funny, Eren!"

"Who says I'm joking?" he countered.

He walked over to Emika, lifted her up, and asked, "If I bring you, do you promise to behave?"

Emika's eyes shined and she beamed, "Yes! I promise!"