Five

December 15th, 2015
--
Jack Gilinsky:
"I see that you still have your nail polish on." Malaya says, wiggling her perfectly arched eyebrows. She swings her hands back and forth as we make our way to English. Me, being the gentleman that I am, offered to carry her books to class.

"Oh hush it. And I'm keeping it on because I love you." I smile. She smiles back at me as we enter English class.

Once everyone is settled and in their seats, my teacher begins to talk. "Class, since Christmas is coming up, we'll be writing Christmas stories!" Our teacher, Ms.Miller, cheers. Everyone groans except for Malaya. I silently laugh to myself.

"And yes, before anyone asks, you may work with a partner, but they have to help with the story as well." My teacher says, clasping her hands together.

"Sound fair?"

A few people murmur a 'yes' or just hum in response. "Alright, team up with someone and get workin'!"

I look at Malaya and she looks at me. I nod my head yes. "By the way, this story is due in a week! You and your partner have to present it in front of the class!"

Malaya and I pair up quickly before anyone calls us out for partners. I got out a piece of paper from my binder, and took a pencil out of my pocket, looking at her.

"So let's think about Christmas." Malaya says, tapping her pen on the wooden desk. "We could write a cute little story of how Christmas came to be!" Malaya says. "Good idea." I smile.

I wrote it down in my notebook, looking at her and start to think. "Or, we could also write about how Santa's reindeer's learned to fly." I shrug. "Well damn. That's better than mine." She laughs.

Malaya and I write our ideas down, then start thinking about other ideas. Malaya breaks the silence and asks, "should we add another idea?"

"Uh, I think we're good. We both have really good stories. All we have to do is think of which one we should do." I explain. She nods her head in response.

"Jack, I really wanna do yours." She says. "Are you sure? W-We can do yours." I stammer. Fuck, every time she talks to me I just get so nervous and I can't help but stutter. "No! I want to write about yours!"

I grab her hands, squeezing them together, "we'll do mine, okay?"

She nods her head with a smile on her face. "Okay now that we have that covered, how many paragraphs are we writing?" I ask. She bits her lip, signaling me that she doesn't know.

"Hold on, let me go ask the teacher." She says as she gets up. She walks up to the teacher to ask the question. I stare at her ass while she goes up, with a smirk on my face.

She comes back a few seconds later, then sits down. "She said that we have to write 5 or 6 paragraphs.." She trails off. "I can do three and you can do two, yeah?" I ask.

"I don't want you feeling like you have to do all of the work." She pouts. "I'm fine with it babe." I laugh.

-Ring Ring-

"Alright class, we'll finish this tomorrow!" Ms.Miller, basically yells. Everyone grabs their bags and exits the classroom.

It was time for lunch and we only only had one more period left. Perfect.

Malaya, met up with Natalia and they sat at their table as I went to my table. I place my hands on the table, sighing.

"Wow. Nice nails bro." Samuel, my fuck face of a friend says. "Fuck off, Wilkinson." I laugh. "Let me guess, Malaya?" Johnson asks. I slowly nod my head. "You really love that girl, don't you?" Nate asks. "Yeah man. I really do."