Chapter 1

EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING
The following story depicts scenes of pressured intimacy, suicide, and abuse. In no way am I condoning such actions. If this is an uncomfortable topic for you, I urge you to select a different Wattpad story.

*******

"Can you believe this?" There was laughter all around me, taking in my suffering and enjoying it. I cowered away. The school's most popular bully stood in front of me, grinning like this was the highlight of his day; anyone who knew Zack knew it was. "He's so scared he can't even talk," Zack said. He got right up in my face. "What a wimp."

I dropped my eyes and bit my tongue hard to suppress my emotions. "T-That's not true..."

"What was that?" Zack asked. "Did you say something? No? Oh, well, why don't you try and speak up for yourself?" He grinned maliciously, knowing I never would, not confidently at least. As predicted, I shook my head and he fake pouted. "Why not? It's not like you'll get hurt for defending yourself."

I glanced up at him warily. "Just let me get my stuff-" I started. He snapped his fingers and one of the guys came up, grabbing me by my shoulder and slamming his fist into my stomach. Pain shot from the origin of the punch and through all off my limbs. I doubled over in pain and fell to my knees, gasping softly.

Zack's eyes shown with amusement. "Oh, wait. That's right, you will get hurt," he said. His pals laughed hysterically like it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen.

I clenched my teeth and tried to hold back the tears that wanted to pour forth from the pain. Of course the biggest guy had to be the one to punch me. My head spun slightly as I leveled my breathing, shaking the stars from my eyes. I was okay, this was almost over.

As if noticing my lack of reaction, or more like my lack of mercy pleading, Zack bent down and smirked. "Maybe I'll leave you alone if you tell me how much of a weak wimp you are." He raised an eyebrow in question. I shook my head and he chuckled. "I gave you a chance," he said, shrugging.

I tried to stand up, but he had already motioned to his gang. They came towards me as I tried to back away. My back came in contact with the lockers behind me and I had to stop, putting my hands up in defense. The first swung his fist, intending to clock me in the head, but I ducked and tried to make a run for it. I didn't care about my books anymore, I could get them tomorrow. I just wanted to get out of there. Unfortunately, I only made it a few feet when someone grabbed the hood of my jacket and yanked me back so viciously my feet slid out from under me. I fell on my back, wincing as the back of my head knocked against the linoleum flooring.

I tried to roll over just as a guy came and stomped on my chest. I coughed and tried to push him off, but his foot was securely pressed to my ribs, keeping me down.

"Say it," Zack demanded. I shook my head again and he knelt to grab my shirt, pulling me up so I was at eye-level with him. "You've got a pretty face, it would be a shame to mess it up. But I don't think my friends care as much as I do," he said.

Glancing behind him, I could see many pairs of eyes that said that they really didn't care. One stepped forward eagerly and I flinched, caving. Tears slipped down my face. "I-I'm... a wimp..." I said.

Zack threw me back against the lockers viciously, standing up. "Say it again. Louder."

I kept my eyes down as I mumbled the depreciating sentence, "I'm a wimp..."

He snickered. "That face is so worth the effort." He paused, thinking. "Then again, it doesn't take much effort to make you cry," he said.

Everyone laughed and Zack snickered himself. "See you around, Erik." He motioned to his gang and they started to walk away, shoving each other playfully as they talked about who was cooler. I waited until they walked out the school doors, laughing and patting each other on the back, before I slowly got to my feet and picked up my stuff. Another day in paradise, I thought to myself as I exited the school. It would be in poor taste to expect anything else. I walked down the steps slowly and headed for home.