Chapter 15

I rolled over into a warm, slightly boney, body pillow. I snuggled closer to the radiating heat the pillow gave off and breathed in and out contently, familiar scents tingling my senses. I hadn't slept this good in a long time, I mused to myself. Then I frowned. I opened my eyes slowly, laying very still. My eyes drifted around the room as I tried to figure out where I was. This wasn't my room, I was sure. The question of who's room remained for many seconds. Not my dad's, not my mom's... Zack is here so-

I sat up ubruptly, staring down at Zack. Had I fallen asleep? Had I slept here all night? With Zack?! I scrambled out of the bed quickly and backed away from the sleeping boy. This was bad. If anyone had see us, I couldn't even think about what kind of rumors would spread. I started to grab my clothes and pull them on, glancing at Zack and praying he wouldn't wake up until I was successfully out of the room. Once I was dressed, I stepped out into the hallway, making a beeline for the stairs. The house was silent as I walked downstairs slowly. The house was also a mess. Bottles and food littered the floor and the furniture. I could see some sleeping teens on the couch and floor, one on the table too, but they all seemed pretty out of it.

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen while I passed. It was almost noon already? My dad was probably freaking out. I ran out the door and started to hurry home. My head was all jumbled up. Zack and I had done things, serious things that couldn't be taken back. I felt like throwing up. What if he remembered everything? What if he decided to blame me? My eyes burned and a lump formed in my throat. What if he got so mad he told everyone that I was gay?

In that moment, I wanted to cry, and scream, and find a dark corner to bury myself in, but I took a deep breath and swallowed my fear. I couldn't think about this. I had to just cross that bridge when I came to it. That was all I could do. Taking even breaths while I walked, I managed to make it all the way home.

When I reached my house, I hesitated. My dad's car was still in the drive, meaning he was home; he hadn't gone to work. I wondered if he'd be mad at me for staying out all night. Maybe if he grounded me, I would have an excuse to tell Zack I couldn't see him.

The front door wasn't lock when I opened it and I stepped inside. The house was quiet except for the sound of the TV in the living room. I frowned and walked silently over to the doorway. However, I stopped in my tracks as I met a surprising scene. My dad was sleeping sitting up, remote in his hand. There was a cup of cold coffee sitting on the table in front of him along with a plate of food that looked barely touched. Guilt crawled across my skin as I looked at him and I leaned on the doorframe. I had told him not to wait up for me, but he had anyways, and he was still waiting.

Silently, I walked across the living room and took the remote from his hand gently, placing it on the coffee table. Then I carefully helped him to a laying down position, resting his head on a pillow. He rolled over, murmuring to himself as he subconsciously got more comfortable. He'd probably waited up all night for me until he just couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. He really did worry about me. I sighed as I pulled a blanket over him. I guess I'd been a little too hard on him. Maybe I could make it up to him somehow.

Suddenly, my phone rang in the quiet of the living room and I quickly hurried into the kitchen so as not to wake my dad. I picked up the phone with a frown. "Hello?" I said.

"Erik? Where the fuck are you?" Zack asked harshly, however not without a morning roughness to his voice.

My palms began to sweat as I cleared my throat. "I'm at home," I said.

"Well, get your ass back to my place. Right now. My house is a mess and I have to make sure it's clean before my parents get home tomorrow," he said.