Chapter 2

Percy's POV
"Mom! I'm home!" I called out as soon as I opened the door. I could light footsteps from my mom's room. "Oh Percy I'm so happy you're back home safely." She smiled at me.

"I also brought a guest. Is it alright if he stays for the night?" I asked. My mom nodded. "Of course it is. Who is he? A friend from camp?" She looked around for Danny. I motioned at Danny who was behind me to come in. "No, actually I met him today and-"

My mom tilted to the right to peek behind me and gasped. She cupped her mouth with her hands. Shock and disbelief was in her eyes. I have never seen her this way before. Well besides the time I came back home and into her arms after almost dying a few times.

We were all quiet. I glanced over to Danny with the same confusion as I have. I glanced back to my mom and I could see tears forming in her eyes. I was shocked. "Mom... Are you alright?" I asked with voice full of concern.

Danny's pov
I stood there knowing nothing of what just happened. The second Percy's mom saw me, she started tearing up.

"Mom... Are you alright?" Percy asked as he moved closer to his mom.

I felt awkward so I decided to say something. I know I might make her tear up more but I also might make a stop. I don't know. It's a good risk... Kinda. "Mrs Jackson? If you don't want me here I could-"

"NO!" She yelled. "No you don't have to go. You can stay here for as long as you want." She wiped her tears away with her palms and she tries to smile. "B-but Mrs Jackson. This isn't necessary." I tried to protest but she still insisted. She turned to Percy and said "Percy, he can stay in your room. I'll ready the little mattress and get some extra pillows and blankets."

Percy nodded. "Sure mom." He turned to me with a reassuring smile. "Come on man. Let's get you settled in.

Percy's pov
I was still confused about the early scene that happened moments ago. I wanted answers and I will get some tomorrow when Danny isn't around. I helped my mom to move the mattress into my room and onto the floor. My mom panted. I told her to rest and I'll take care of the rest. She agreed so she went to the kitchen.

Danny walked into my room and placed his bags on the mattress. "Hey dude, it's pretty cool for you guys to let me stay." Danny said.
I chuckled, "Bro it's no big deal. My mom loves having guest cause it keeps the place lively."

Danny smiled upon hearing that. "That's great. So is it only you two?" He asked as he unpacked his bags. I shook my head, "No. 3 actually... My mom, me and my step-dad called Paul. He is a teacher at my school." Danny smiled and said that was cool.

I sat there watching Danny unpack. I asked if I could help but he said he could handle it. For a small luggage, there are a lot of things in there. Examples include some weird electronics I have never seen, mostly clothes and a few books he packed. I asked if I could have a look at one of his book. He handed one to me and yes I know I have dyslexia and have trouble reading but its a good thing he handed me the book with the obvious cover. "You like planets and stuff like that?" I asked as I flipped through the book.

"Yeah... My dream is to become an astronaut." He said softly. I patted his shoulders and smiled at him. "May your dreams come true my friend." Danny chuckle "Thanks for the support bro. I need it."

He then looked around him frantically. I looked at him suspiciously. "What's up Danny?" He sat there trying to concentrate but managed to answer me. "I was just looking for my backpack. I knew I had it with me a moment ago..." I stood up and headed for the door. "I remember! It was in the living room couch. I'll get it!" I exclaimed. Danny was about to stop me but I was already out the room. I picked it up and to my surprise it was heavy. As heavy as Zeus's lightning bolt.

I walked into the room and saw Danny's face worried. I don't know what he was worried about. He looked at me as I held his backpack. It was like he didn't want me to open it or drop it. There must be something valuable to him in there. I handed him the bag and his face slowly went back to normal. I wanted to ask why he was so worried but I decided not to.

"Boys!" My mom called from the kitchen. "I've prepared cookies and hot chocolate for you!" My eyes lit up and so did Danny's. "I've been wanting to eat lately." He said. I snickered "We'll be right there!"