Chapter 8

Percy's POV
I woke up to the soothing sound of water running in my cabin. I rubbed my eyes getting the sleep out of them. I laid in bed not wanting to get up but the smell of strawberries energized me.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I admit I did try to control water to improve myself but I remembered that I was hungry. I needed some food.

Before I stopped at the dining pavilion I went to check on Danny. As I've expected he was still asleep. I didn't blame him. After what had happened to him, he must be exhausted.

I tapped on the window that was next to his bed but he didn't hear it. I decided I had to do something big and loud.

I called over the Apollo cabin and asked them play their instruments and sing as loud as they can. I waited for Danny to wake up but he was still asleep. We woke up the entire camp instead of him. I looked back at the Apollo cabin with a confused face. They looked at me the same way.

"I can't believe that didn't work." One of the campers from the Apollo cabin said. "Do you think he's dead?" Another one asked. "He's half ghost. Doesn't that mean he's half dead?" Will Solace suggested as he decided to join his siblings. "You do make a point." The first camper said followed by the sound of the others agreeing.

"Guys please. He's obviously not dead." I assured them. Half of him isn't anyway. "I think its time for plan B." I sighed. "I didn't want to do this."

I took a deep breath and concentrated on the tap water inside the bathroom of the Hades cabin. I slowly controlled the water and lead it over to Danny. I could see the water levitating over him and it was more than I intended to. The Apollo campers saw what I was doing and  I could hear chuckles and gasps.

As soon as I angled it directly above him I dropped the water. Not long after we could hear him scream. He burst out the door soaking wet with eyes glowing green and had the deadliest expression ever.

The Apollo campers ran away almost immediately. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight. "Percy how could you?" He asked annoyingly. "I'm sorry. But you do remember we have a quest today and we need to eat." I said still laughing in between the words.

Danny rolled his eyes and went back into the cabin. I followed behind him. As soon as I stepped into the cabin I could feel the darkness. It made the hairs in my neck stand.

I cleared my throat as I scanned the room. "How was your first night at camp?" There were black almost everywhere. The walls were grey but it was almost close to black.

"It was fine. I slept like a baby and I can honestly tell you I have never slept like in a long time. Until you decided to dump water all over me that is." He said.

"Hey on the bright side you don't have to take long showering." I joked. Danny scoffed "I'll meet you at the dinning pavilion. First I need to shower." He said as he pushed me out of his cabin. "Don't take too long!" I reminded him.

After we ate, Chiron and the camp sent us off. I hugged Annabeth before going. "Don't you leave me for too long Seaweed Brain." She said with a serious tone. "Oh and don't die." She added. Her arms around my shoulders. I stared into those grey eyes and smiled. "I won't Wise Girl. I have Danny if there is any trouble. Have you seen this dude's dog. Its huge. And the way he fights is amazing." I said. She giggled and kissed me on the lips and Grover said his goodbyes too.

We waved one last goodbye and we were off. "I hope he comes back dead." Clarisse said loud enough for me to hear. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"So how many times have you been on a quest?" Danny asked. I shrugged "Ever since I got into camp." I held my beaded necklace and showed it to Danny. "These beads shows how long someone's been in camp, so according to my necklace I've been 5 times."

"And you're still not dead." He smirked. "Pretty impressive." I laughed "I almost died a few times but my friends helped me during the quest. Especially Annabeth." Danny nodded. "I was offered the gift of becoming a god by the gods on my last quest too." I decided I wanted him to know. I trusted him and I need him to trust me too.

Danny looked at me wide eyed not even paying attention where he was stepping. He tripped over a stone and almost fell. "Are you serious?" I nodded. "And you turned it down didn't you?"

"I did." I admitted. "Why?" He asked. "Because of her." I sighed "I love her too much and we've been through a lot together. I couldn't bare becoming an immortal god just to watch her grow old while I still have my youth unable to grow old together with her." 

Before Danny could say anything, we were already going to go up against a monster. I glanced at Danny and he was already in his ghost form. I reached for my pocket and uncapped riptide. "You ready?" I asked with a smile. "Ready as I'll ever be." He smirked. Excitement in his eyes.

Along the way to town monsters have been attacking us none stop. It's probably because of our scent. Two out of three kids of the big there are bound to be monsters hunting for us.

We made it to town and the first thing we did was to get some snacks. "Nice fighting back there." I complimented Danny. "Thanks, you too. I've been doing this for months but I still don't think I'm improving."

I scoffed "Are you kidding? This first time I started fighting my sword would always escape my grip. It was a disaster. I swear Annabeth fights better than me."

Danny nudged me with a grin on his face. "Brains and fighting skills. You know how to pick this right girl, Puncy."

"Oh my gods again with that name. I thought it died." I groaned. "The nickname will live as long as you do." He smirked.