Chapter 7

Danny's POV
Let me get this straight, I'm a demigod? What? So that means I'm the son of Hades. This is impossible. Percy told me about the oath and about how the Big Three swore not to have anymore kids.

"I'm really confused right now." I said softly. The glowing was bright and still over my head. Everyone stared for a good amount of time.

Percy walked in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're one of us, Danny." He said with a welcoming smile.

"Doesn't this mean we're practically cousins?" I asked grinning. "I knew there was something fishy about you." Percy snickered and punched my shoulder playfully at the pun I made.

"It seems at we have another demigod!" Chiron bellowed. "Let's all welcome him." He started clapping and was followed by the clapping of other campers. Then they all started eating as if they were having a feast. It was fun to watch everyone so happy and getting along with each other just fine.

"Its nice to finally meet you son." A voice said from somewhere around the camp. All the campers stopped clapping and looked around the camp for the voice. Soon a figure emerged from the shadows. He had hair as black as the darkness and eyes sharp as Percy's sword. "Lord Hades." Chiron bowed. Everyone else followed his lead and so did Percy. Hades nodded his head and everyone stood again.

"So, you're my real father." I said as I studied him. "For all these years I thought I was the son of Jack Fenton, the idiot who managed to build stuff and actually got it to work."

Hades waved his hand. "Son, I know this may come as a shock to you but I can assure you I've helped you and been there for you more than you think." His face was kept straight and calm. His aura was so dark it actually began to affect me.

"How can you prove that?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "I didn't let you die when you went though that machine." A smirked was taking form on the god's face. I scoffed "I'm practically half dead."

"At least you have those cool powers. Admit it you love them." He grinned. I couldn't help but smile. "Son, I'm glad I got to see you in person." Hades slapped my back. I didn't know what to say. The only thing that was going through my mind was I have no idea what's actually happening.

"WHAAAAT?" A voice yelled as lightning and thunder took over the skies. Everyone looked up. Hades grabbed the temples of his head and pinched them as he groaned with frustration. "Hades, I can't believe you broke our oath!" Lightning appeared and a figure emerged from it in front of Hades. The campers gasped and whispered amongst each other. "Please brother, you broke our oath too. So did Poseidon." Hades shrugged.

"Its already bad enough that we have one of your son roaming the earth now another one shows up." Zeus stared at me with his shocking blue eyes as he points at me. "And he's as powerful as that Di Angelo kid!"

"What can I say, my kids take after their father." Hades smirked. Zeus flinched, "Are you implying that you're more powerful than me?" Hades shrugged.

Now at this point I decided to cut in even thought that may not be a good choice. "Hello? Lord Zeus, father Hades, we're supposed to go on a quest tomorrow me and him," I wrapped my arms around Percy and pulled him in to the image, "and I would appreciate it if we could all dismiss ourselves and head to our cabins." I smiled.

The two gods glanced at each other and nodded. "Very well then. I don't want to spend another minute on this earth anyway." Zeus turned his heel as he began to walk, "Also Hades, we'll continue this at Poseidon's Sea Bash." He added before disappearing.

I looked at my father and smiled awkwardly at him. "I shall see you soon, Danny." Hades said then dissolved into the ground.

I turned to the campers to see them with bowls of popcorn in their laps. "Does this always happen when someone is claimed?" I asked. "No! But when it does we wouldn't want to miss it!" Someone from the Apollo cabin yelled and then followed by the snickering of the other campers.

"Right." I sighed. Annabeth walked towards me said, "So since you're the son of Hades you should meet your brother."

"I have a brother?"

"Yes but he's currently shadow-traveling now." She shrugged. "Wait," I put my hand out in front of Annabeth's face. "if he can shadow-travel. Does that mean?" I sounded hopeful because who wouldn't want to shadow-travel? Sure I can already fly and turn invisible and other stuff but shadow-travel tho!

Annabeth face grew a smirk. "I don't know. Not all demigod have the same powers you know."

"Oh." I pouted. "Hey don't worry Danny. Demigods have other powers too. I'll tell you some of them on our way back to the cabins." Percy wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Where is the Hades cabin?" I asked. "The one that looks like a haunted house and is all black." Percy pointed at the dark cabin. "Nico was the one who helped Annabeth to design it so yeah." He added.

"Its better than nothing I guess." I laughed as we walked away from the campfire.