Chapter 16

Percy's POV
If you ask me, I had no idea what just happened. One minute we were at the temple of Zeus, the next we almost got hit by a car. Not just any car, a red Toyota Corolla. With Danny passed out and two lunatic female ghosts following us as punishment and constantly trying to kill Danny, you can say my day have been pretty interesting.

I looked at where we were at, wondering if this were actually Tokyo. It was so dark and quiet. From what I've seen through pictures Tokyo is pretty much like New York with huge screens lighting up the place. But this was a dark and ominous street. I turned to Desiree, unsatisfied being the least of what I was feeling.

"I thought we wished that we were going to Tokyo."

Desiree rolled her eyes with arms crossed. "You are, obviously. Can't you see Japanese writing all over the place?" She grabbed my head and turned it to every character, which cracked my neck a few times.

"Well can't say that I'm too overwhelmed. I guess the media made it seem more than it actually is." I recalled pictures of colourful Tokyo.

"What about dipstick over here?" Ember poked Danny with her guitar.

"He's knocked out cold." Desiree laughed.

"Talk about the great ghost fighter." Ember added.

They both seem to be enjoying this a little too much.

I tried to wake Danny up but it actually looks like he's knocked out of his soul.

Part of me thinks its Zeus's doing but the other part of me thinks its Hades.

Looking around for something to help, ignoring the two ghosts making fun of the situation, I saw a puddle used that.

Slashed some water on Danny's face hoping he'd react immediately but it took him 4 minutes to start and gain consciousness.

He coughed and groaned. "Why do I smell like a gas station?" He slurred.

"My bad, I had no other resources." I glanced at the puddle.

While helping Danny up, the two ghosts chuckled on, Danny glanced at them shaking his head and sighed.

"Do you mind if I," he took out his thermos.

Without hesitation I gladly responded. "Take them away." My arms extended towards them.

He uncapped his thermos and pointed it at them. "No hard feelings, girls."

We watch them get sucked back into the thermos while they were yelling all kinds of crazy.

That's two less things to deal with at the moment.

Scanning the area we're in still didn't do much. For the few 20 minutes of being here, not even a single person has walked through these streets.

I glanced over to Danny who was on his phone, he was looking at the time.

"3AM Tokyo time." Danny said as if knowing I that I was gonna ask.

Would make sense why its awfully quiet.

Danny suggested we walk out of the place we're in to find out where we actually are. With that said, we started walking.

Now I have never been to Tokyo so I trust that Danny hasn't either so we're both just wondering around with no clue what we're doing.

I really miss Annabeth. If she were here she'd know what to do. Well she'd probably nag at us first before taking the lead.

I often wonder if I'm able to do this quest without her. Its always been her and I. She was the brains and I was... I was the support.

Everything I've done was just dumb lucky honestly. But seeing as how Danny carries himself around, especially in his dead form. I'm pretty confident we won't have tok much trouble along the way.

"Lot's on your mind there, waterboy?" Danny pushed my shoulder playfully.

I chuckled it off as it if it was nothing. "Nothing, just thinking about how we have two ghosts hostage in your backpack."

"I wouldn't call it a hostage situation if they're capable of killing both of us."

"Fair point."

Danny seemed distracted as well so I asked him what he has on his mind.

He shook his head. "Just trying to take it all in man. Finding out your dad is a God. God of Death at that. No wonder I'm not as smart or creative as my dad– I mean as Jack Fenton. Sure most his inventions don't work out the first time but in the end they still worked."

"I know it's a lot to take in. We've all been there you know." I assured him.

Danny made an effort to smile. "I know but I already have a huge secret weighing on my shoulders already and now I have another one."

Danny was right. Most half-bloods including myself only had one secret and that was hiding the fact we were half-bloods.

I feel bad for the dude. I may not have known him for long, but he's had it rougher than most of us.

"Hey let's not get so bummed about all this, we have a quest to complete and a sibling to find." Danny smuged.

"But can we at least find some food before we start hunting and all." I proposed, with my stomach roaring like a lion.

Danny clenched his stomach too. "From what I've heard of Tokyo, there are usually vending machines around so let's find those."

"Great. I need that more than I need sleep right now."

––––––––––––––––––––––––

After walking for almost 30 minutes, Danny flying occasionally, we finally found a vending machine. A RAMEN vending machine! Can you believe?

Problem is, we don't have money.

"Not a problem. Step aside." Danny turned his hand into the dead form.

He reached inside the vending machine and grabbed some cash from within.

In shock I asked if it was okay. Danny shrugged it off and replied, "It technically isn't stealing. Let's just say we're recycling the money. You know like used paper."

My two braincells were having a difficult time processing what he just said but I'll take it.

We sat on the pavement enjoying our ramen next to the rending machine while having small talk about our lives.

Danny surprisingly has an old creepy dude who's obsessed with his mom. His friend Tucker actually theorised that the reason why he's so obsessive is that Danny's HIS son.

Looks like Hades proved him wrong with that.

Danny even asked if it's okay to tell his friends about him being a half-blood. Though I would say its wouldn't be a big deal if they're his closest friends but Annabeth would say "Tell no one at any cost!"

Not only does that put Danny in more danger than he already is, his friends might be more targeted than they already were.

Upon finishing up our ramen and getting ready to head on foot again. The whole ground began to shake underneath our feet.

"Do you think Hades came to help?" Danny glanced at me.

"I don't think so."

There exploded from the gravel and leaped in front of us. Something I thought I had destroyed back in the battle against Kronos.

"What the hell is that thing?" Danny whispered.

I gulped as I slowly back up and reached for riptide. "That's a manticore or previously known as Dr. Thorn."