Chapter 14

Percy's POV
"How do you suppose we get to Zeus's temple that is located in Greece obviously." Danny asked pushing his plate aside.

I honestly didn't think this quest would go this far. And we only have 3 days? Are you kidding me?

I was just about to say something when we both heard someone talking. "I could be of assistance." I know that voice. Its Nico's but he was no where in sight.

Out of nowhere, he appeared sitting right next to Danny. Danny was startled by the sudden appearance he choked on his drink. He started coughing hysterically.

I tried not to laugh and focus on Nico. "How can you help us?"

I asked through Danny's coughing fits. Nico scooted away from Danny, looking rather disturbed.

"Just like how I got here. Shadow travel."

Danny finally stopped and apologized for that unsettling scene. "Can you shadow travel both of us that far?"

He looked around the room for a tissue box. Nico shrugged, "Maybe, I don't know. We can try but that'll probably drain all my energy."

"I could fly us halfway through the journey?" Danny contributed to the suggestions. That could work but both of those options could cause severe damage to them.

"That is highly risky."

"Then what do you purpose?" Nico and Danny looking hopelessly at me.

"We could just go by plane. That would save us some time. Danny could sneak us into the plane." I suggested. I was getting pretty hopeless at this point.

This tune started to play from the jukebox. It was quite odd because no one else was in the diner except us. Nico and I shrugged it off but Danny looked on edge.

I asked if he was alright but his face was stern. "I know this tune." His eyes darted around the diner.

"What do you mean?" Nico looked around uncomfortably too.

"This tune. This song. Its Em-"

BOOM!
There was a loud explosion from the kitchen. "I  thought we've already dealt with one ghost for the night." Danny groaned as he laid his head on the table.

"Expect the unexpected?" I shrugged.

Danny transformed, which I still cant get used to, and I took out Riptide. Nico unsurprising just sat there.

Nothing happened at first but then a girl appeared out of the jukebox. The air got a lot colder. Wind started to pick up. It felt like having the air conditioner blowing right at your skin.

This ghost was pale, I mean what did I expect from a ghost, and fiery blue hair. She reminded me of a rock star. 

I thought she was the only one but then came another ghost from the kitchen. This one looked like a genie. Long flowing dark hair and green skin.

"Looks like you have quite a few girls after you, Danny boy." I snickered. Danny shot me a glare, "Shut up and focus on the task at hand."

"My, my, looks like we found a rat with his friends." The rock star ghost chick floated above us.

"What on earth do you want, Ember?" Danny growled.

"We've heard you've just become more valuable. Especially to Walker." The genie ghost answered behind my ear. That gave me chills. I didn't like that. Do ghost not know what personal space means?

Danny laughed, yes he laughed. What is wrong with this kid. I am terrified out of my skin, but he can still laugh? I'm starting to think being half dead made him lose half of his mind.