Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Alex

"Uncle AJ, Uncle AJ," Nate excitedly called AJ once we entered my house.

AJ immediately came running for somewhere inside the house, "What's wrong, Champ?" he asked.

Nate pulled his hands and walk towards us, "I want you to meet my daddy," he said as he hold Skye's hand.

AJ looked at Skye with a confused face not fully understand what happen. Skye smiled before telling AJ, "We've told him."

"Really?" asked AJ still with the shock in his face as if he still couldn't believe it. He looked at me and I nodded my head confirming it. "Wow, finally."

"Isn't it great?" Nate asked AJ excitedly. "Skye is my daddy just as I wanted."

"Yeah, it is great," smiled AJ, "Are you happy, Champ?"

"Yeah, I'm so happy," said Nate at the same time hugging Skye's leg. "I have a daddy now, just like all my friends."

Skye carried him up and hugged him tenderly, "I'm so happy too." AJ grinned at them. He looked happy too. I know he does.

"Alright," I said taking Nate from Skye, "Let's go up and freshen up. It's already late."

Nate nodded his head obediently but then asked, "Is daddy coming with us?"

I was taken a back for a while, didn't expect him to ask such questions but Skye looked calm and replied, "No, I have to go back."

"Why?" Nate innocently asked.

"I have my own house," replied Skye.

"But shouldn't you stay with us now that you are my daddy?"

"Well......." Skye can't seem to find an answer and cast me a look.

I bit my lips, trying to think of an answer, "Skye can't stay with us, because this is grandpa's house. We have to ask grandpa permission first," I responded instead.

"Oh," Nate responded and then added, "You wait here," he said to Skye. "Grandpa, Grandpa," he called up dad as he walked towards the stairs. AJ, Skye and I looked at each other, confused with Nate action.

Dad came out from his library which located downstairs with mom, "What's up, Nate?" he asked.

"Can my daddy stay here?" he asked his Grandpa. Dad looked confused with Nate's questions and looked at us. AJ let out a chuckled, while I gasped and Skye smiled.

"Your daddy?" asked dad.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you," smiled Nate as he touched dad's hand and pulled him towards us. "Grandpa, I want you to meet my daddy." He introduced Skye. Dad looked shocked while mom cast me a questions look. I remained quiet and bit my lips.

"Your daddy?" asked dad again looking at me for an answer.

"Yes, mommy and Skye said so," replied Nate innocently.

I bit my lips, "We've told him," I told dad.

Dad smiled, "About time," he said softly but I still could hear him.

Nate pulled his hand to get back his attention, "So can my daddy stay here?"

"Hmm," dad scratched his head, trying to find the right answer, "Sure, why not," he responded. Gosh, I wasn't expecting that response.

"But he can't stay," I immediately interjected.

"Why?" asked Nate looking at me innocently.

"Because.......," I out of answer and looked at Skye for assistance.

"Because... I... I don't have any clothes to wear," added Skye. "I don't have anything to change to."

"Well, you can borrow Uncle AJ clothes," said Nate and then looked at AJ, "Can he, uncle AJ?"

AJ nearly nodded his head but Skye interjected, "No, I can't fit Uncle AJ's clothes. He's smaller than me." Nate looked disappointed with Skye response. Realizing that, Skye squatted down so that he's the same level with Nate. He said tenderly, "I tell you what, tomorrow I will come again early in the morning. We're going to have breakfast together again. Would you like that?"

Nate nodded his but responded, "But why can't you stay?" pouting his lips looking so sad.

"I want to stay but like I said, I don't have any clothes to wear and I can't wear Uncle AJ's clothes. I'm bigger than him," Skye try to persuade Nate.

"Besides, daddy have his own house," I added trying to persuade him to.

"Why can we stay with daddy then?" Nate suddenly asked.

Skye looked at me instantly. I returned his look with wide eyes. I heard a chuckled and it was AJ. I glared at him and he quiet down.

"Well, maybe tomorrow you and mummy can go and stay with your daddy. Tonight you pack up you things and tomorrow your daddy will come and fetch you and mummy," it was my mom who suggest. I turned to looked at her with wide eyes. I couldn't believe she suggested that.

"Grandma is right," dad interjected, "I want to sleep with you tonight before you go off to your daddy's house," dad pouted his lips and cast Nate a pleading look.

Skye smiled as he said to Nate, "Yeah, you spend a night here and tomorrow I will fetch you and mummy."

"Promised?" Nate asked and point out his pinky.

Skye nodded and link his pinky with Nate's, "Promised."

"Ok," said Nate cheerfully.

"Alright, I better get going," said Skye, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," smiled Nate before hugging Skye tightly.

"Goodnight," wished Skye as he hugged Nate back. "I love you."

"I love you too, daddy," I heard Nate respond before letting Skye go.

"Alright, everyone, I'll see you all tomorrow," said Skye cheerfully heading towards the door.

I immediately went to him, "I will call you later," I whispered to him. "We need to discuss about this."

Skye nodded his head, "I'll call you when I reached home."

"No," I shook my head, "I will call you immediately after Nate asleep."

"Ok, I will wait for your call," said Skye, "Goodnight," he added before kissing me on the cheek making me stunned. He smiled and then walked out towards his car and waved at me before driving away.

"Bye daddy," yelled Nate who was suddenly stood beside me waving happily at Skye. After Skye's car was out of our sight, he pulled my hand, "Come on mummy. We have to pack our things. Yay, we are going to daddy's house," he said cheerfully.

Oh boy, I didn't expect this when I told him about his daddy.