Chapter 45

Maddie and Leo are sitting in front of the fireplace, looking at their mother worriedly, Jessie brings her mothers favourite tea and Maddie thinks about the words her little sister said, It's always just me. Where were you the last christmas? Or Leo? I was here. I had to tell her the stories about the lives you two are living now. Where the fuck was mom? Her eyes fall on Jessie, it hurts when yoz realize that your sister was right, you were cold and distant towards mom, but not intentionally."Please stop worrying about me, I'm fine. Jessie right?" The hurt inside the girls eyes is invisible for y/n, but visible ti her siblings, "read to me will you? It helps me calm down." Leo looks at Maddie and Maddie looks at Lauren's old diary, "don't you dare!" He squeaks.

"Here, I'll read to you," Maddie says and sits down next to her mother, her eyes slowly scaning her in pain.

Those were the nights I lived for, her arms wrapped around my body protectively as we danced the night away. It was our first official date tonight and the night couldn't be any better. Y/N picked me up around seven, her lovely eyes starring right through me and deeply inside my soul when Dinah opened the door for her, it was like the girls were invisible for her, the only thing she saw was me.

Y/n put a hand over Maddie's to stop her for a second, Maddie's eyes found her mother's and the words that came out of y/n's mouth broke her a little, "huh, funny? This person has the same name as I do. I think I like this story already. Carry on dear, will you?" Her pleading and tired eyes broke them in pieces, Leo was trying to be strong for his sisters but from time to time a tear rolled down his cheeks too.

"Damn girl, keep your eyes on the road when you're going to drive later will you?" Dinah said teasingly.

"I can't promise you that Dinah." Dinah snorted loudly and puch y/n over the back of her head gently, I giggled at them and to be honest I couldn't be happier than I am right now. I have a lovely wife, and she gets along with my crazy friends.

"Oh, they are married? Nice. You know kids, I was married too once." Leo raises his eyebrows up and quickly shots a question his mothers way.

"You were? What happened to that other person?" Y/N seems to be in a deep thought for a second, she scrunches her nose up and looks at Jessie. "You remind me of her. I guess she stopped loving me one day, I don't remember it and I don't want to, I guess life is better this way. So carry on dear please, don't let me interrupt you."

Y'N took my hand sweetly and handed me a single red rose, just like I loved it, one rose meant everything to me. Her beautiful eyes were starring into mine, our souls slowly dancing with eachother, "maybe one day, I won't have to bring you flowers from the store. Maybe one day we will have our own garden somewhere and I will take care of those roses just to make you happy." I kissed her cheek gently and she giggled at me, it was the most beautiful sound in the whole world, it was better than the birds singing in the summer.

I looked towards the car she is driving tonight and I smiled at her, "a jeep? Why?" Her giggle was going to kill me today, "I told you to dress yourself warm didn't I?" I looked at myself and then at her, "I am wearing warm clothes silly."

"We're going to my favourite place on earth, for now, maybe one day I will find something better but for now, that's it. I brought some food with me, some music, two blankets, one pillow and candles." She smiled my way and I smiled back at her, "do you remember this song?" Her fingers turned the radio on gently and I heard the song we both loved so much.

"You know what? Let's wait, let's wait and we will dance together to that song beneath the stars." She whispered gently as she took my hand inside hers and kissed it softly. The road there was a bit bumpy and scary, I was actually kind of nervous but when we reached the top I was impressed. We could see the whole city from up here and it was magnificant. Y/N took the blanket out of the car and put it on the floor, she light the candles around the blanket and put the basket with food in the middle. I threw the pillow at her and she stood up smiling back at me, "very mature."