20.

Plz excuse any mistakes :)

M A R I A H

"I'm sorry but I can't build a case off a piece of paper you just dropped on my desk." He shrugged.

I looked at him as if he was crazy. I was paying him a lot of money to convict August of killing Marco, and this was all he could come up with.

"Your kidding me?" I laughed.

"No. There's no physical evidence to connect him to the killing."

"What if I got him to confess or someone else who witnessed it?"

"Him confessing would open a case, but the judge would probably just rule it out because there's no evidence." He explained.

"But me and one other person was there when it happened. Well we heard them talking."

"Still isn't enough."

"What if I could bring the murder weapon and a confession." I grinned.

"Then you have your case."

I smiled and stood up. "This better work. I'm paying you too much and I have a lot riding on this."

"Is that a threat?"

"Give me some time and I'll be back with the evidence." I said, making my way out his office.

I let a breath of air out and walked out the building. Throwing my purse on the passenger side, I got inside the car and drove off.

If I was going to get August convicted I needed the right person. Diamond. Of course she wouldn't agree with my plan. So I plan on doing it without her knowing what I'm up to.

I needed to get inside that house and I needed to talk to August, his friends, and Diamond to get confessionals from all four.

The only way I was going to have Diamond to myself was if I got rid of the only thing stopping her from being with me.

I drove to the mall to buy Diamond and the baby some things. If I was going to do this, it was going to be done right. I needed to be on everyone's good side so they won't suspect anything.

I went inside the mall to get Mi'liyah some things first. She will be here before we know it and since I was her God mommy it was only right to get my daughter some things.

Picking out some cute outfits and baby booties, I went up to the register to pay for it. Going to find Diamond something cute and sexy, I stopped in Victoria secret.

They had a sale going so that was a plus. I picked her out a few lingerie sets and a few sweat pants with the matching tops. After I payed for everything I went to Fashion Nova and bought her a few things.

As I was ready to leave the mall I saw the devil himself. He was walking out of a jewelry store with a bag. I rolled my eyes and just before I walked away a woman approached him and they hugged, before they walked off together.

I made it back to my car and drove off, on my way to Diamond. "Wow." I mumbled, under my breath.

The house was by far the nicest in the neighborhood. If was bigger than their previous house in Atlanta. The gate wasn't closed so I just drove in.

I rung the doorbell as I managed to keep all the bags in my hand. I'm guessing the one that goes by M opened the door. I looked her up and down in amazement. Her smooth chocolate skin complemented her very well and I could tell her rear end was phat. I always seen the girls from a distance but never this close up. I wondered if August was messing with all of them.