2. Indestructible

Another reason, another cause for me to fight
Another fuse uncovered, now for me to light
My dedication to all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders without a regret
My declaration, embedded deep under my skin
A permanent reminder of how it began
No hesitation when I am commanded to strike
You need to know that you're in for the fight of your life

You will be shown
How I've become
Indestructible
Determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable
Every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible
Take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible
Master of war

Indestructible

By: Disturbed

"Eric," Sookie said as she answered the phone. The smile playing on her lips quickly disappeared, however, when she heard what he had to say.

"Sookie, Godric is missing. I received a letter from Stan Davis when I returned to my office. He has been gone for a week."

"Come over. Now," Sookie commanded, unable to continue the conversation over the phone. She paced the length of her home, waiting for him to arrive, and when he finally did, she knew it was no time for playing. She was in queen of the Sky Fae mode and he was in Sheriff mode.

When Eric sat down, he slid the letter across the table to Sookie. As she read it, she couldn't understand why any of this was happening. Why a letter? Why the fair, just sheriff of Area 9? There were too many questions. Too many variables.

"Doesn't Davis have your secure phone number? Why did he not call?" she asked Eric, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"I can only assume they did not trust the phone. A letter would be safest."

Sookie shook her head, and read the letter yet again. She loved Godric. He was her best friend. They had 2,000 years of memories together, and she was not willing to give up on him. After all, he never gave up on her.

Some Time 2nd Century A.D.

Sookie howled in pain and anger as she felt the last member of her family die. She didn't have to see it happen to know. The Sky Fae had been at war with the Water Fae for as long as she could remember, and the final battle had just ended. The entire royal family, save herself, had been ended.

As she dropped to her knees in the highlands of what is now Scotland, she resolved to meet her end, and join her family in the Summerlands. Her husband, her sweet children. She could not bear the thought of being alone forever. As she waited for her fate, she sensed the impending vampire before she even saw him.

"I am prepared to meet my death," she said to nobody in particular.

"No, little one, you shall live," said the soft voice.

"There is nothing left for me on this plane. I wish to die. Let me die," she said, tears flowing down her blood stained face. Fate was a cruel mistress, for allowing her to live, while her family was gone. She had fought until she killed every last Water Clan warrior on the battle field, avenging the death of those she loved.

"You shall live," the voice said again. "There is plenty left."

Finally looking up, she saw the face of a boy, no older than 25 years, yet he was vampire. "Why should I trust you?"

"Because, if I wanted to kill you, I would have by now. I am Godric."

"I am Susannah Brigant, the new queen of the Sky Fae," she said, her voice cracking on the end. "And if you meant to help me, you would leave me here to my fate."

"Your Majesty, if your fate was to die, you would be dead. Alas, here you are. Come now. I have a home nearby."

Sookie stood up, steeling her emotions, and walked with him, vowing to herself that this was her second chance. Her chance to avenge her family.

Eric watched as Sookie seemed to stare through him, obviously recalling a fond memory. He knew that Sookie had known, and been friends with Godric long before the idea of even creating him. The loss of their mutual friend was great on them both.

"Sookie," he said gently, "we must begin planning. We have to find him soon. Anything that could have taken Godric must be strong, for he is too strong himself for just anyone to take."

Sookie seemed to shake herself out of the stupor she was in, and when she turned to face him, she looked lethal. He knew then and there that nothing would stop either one of them from getting Godric back.

"I will make a royal inquiry to the Water Clan to see if they are involved. If they are, I will have to have time to plan with my people."

"I will get us a meeting with Stan Davis to see what more he knows. We will meet somewhere secure," Eric said, already pulling he cell phone from his pocket.

"Okay. Make the call. I will write the letter to the king of the Water Fae. He will respond accordingly."

As she wrote the letter, her suspicion that it was the Water Fae slowly began to fade. It was too strange. They did not know the connection between herself and Godric, and even if they did, what good would it serve? The Sky Fae was still trying to rebuild, losing most of their population, so there wasn't much for the Water Fae to gain. She wrote the letter anyway, and used her magic to send it to the King.

Eric, while on the phone with Stan, however, learned quite a bit. There was no scene of struggle. They went to rest at dawn on Tuesday, and that night, they woke to find Godric gone. No struggle, yet no sign of him planning to leave. As Eric listened to more and more of what Stan had to say, he became even more confused. By the time he got off the phone, the puzzle was fucked up all over again.

"Stan doesn't have any idea. It seems as though Godric just up and left," Eric said, as he walked back in to the kitchen.

"Shit. I thought he would have something. The king of the Water Fae has already responded. He says his clan had no part in his disappearance. I guess they are having their own problems right now, with rebellions."

"We have to go to Texas," Eric said finally.

Sookie looked up from her lap, and smiled, the lethal look returning to her face. "I thought you would never ask."

As Sookie went upstairs to pack, Eric paced the living room, still trying to piece everything together. His only peace of mind at the moment was that Sookie was more than capable of taking care of herself, as she was trained to be a warrior. She was never intended to be queen, and as such, she was never trained for the station. She had saved his life more times than he could count, when he was young. After realizing that she was taking a long time, he went upstairs to see what she was doing.

Sookie was sitting on her bed, dressed in royal Fae attire, looking at a photo album.

"I wish there were cameras when I was young. I find it hard to even remember the faces of my family," she mused quietly, touching a picture of Godric taken during the 90s. He'd gone through a grunge phase. "My children are clearer. They were beautiful. Like sunshine, with their gold hair."

Eric stood there quietly, letting her have her moment of remembrance.

"Godric saved me from myself that night," she said standing up and straightening her dress. "I will save him now."