14. Never Say Never

Picture you're the queen of everything
Far as the eye can see
Under your command
I will be your guardian when all is crumbling
Steady your hand

You can never say never while we don't know it
Time, time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go, don't let me go, don't let me go

We're falling apart,
And we're coming together,
Again and again
We're crawling apart,
But we're falling together,
Falling together
Together again

Never say Never

The Fray

It was dark. Sookie opened her eyes and looked for the familiar light to be flooding in her windows from outside. When she didn't see it she figured she must have woken up in the middle of the night. She sighed and began to get up, when she noticed that she was completely enclosed. She also noticed the earthy scent around her. She was in the ground.

Sookie began to desperately claw her way out of the dirt, and when she did, she was met with two pairs of eyes. One icy blue, and the other a deep green.

"What did you do," she asked quietly, slowly advancing on the two vampires in front of her.

Godric spoke up first. "I turned you," he said simply, holding his ground. He challenged her with his eyes to take another step forward, and she didn't disappoint.

"How could you?" she asked him, stopping right in front of him.

"You were dying. I couldn't let that happen. I...care too much for you to allow that to happen."

"That wasn't your decision to make!" she said, her voice beginning to rise. "I didn't want this! I said I didn't want this when we went back to faery!"

Godric nodded his head solemnly. "You're right. And I'm sorry, it was selfish of me. But remember just a few weeks ago when you stopped me from dying? I had to do the same for you. If you wish to die, just say so. Look me in the eyes and tell me you want to die, and I'll end you myself."

Sookie's eyes widened slightly, and she was taken aback. "I—I don't want to die," she said softly, turning away from her new maker. "But I don't know what to do now."

Godric's eyes softened as he looked at Sookie. She no longer held her threatening position, instead her shoulders were hunched, and her head was hung low. She twiddled with her fingers while waiting for him to say something.

During the whole exchange, Eric had remained quiet. As soon as he had realized what Godric was doing, he tried to talk his maker out of it, to no avail.

During the Battle

Something was wrong. Godric still had a sliver of a bond remaining with Sookie, and he felt it spark slightly. After she had gone in to finish the king, Godric had sped out to the court yard to check on his progeny and grand progeny. As soon as he turned around to head back inside, though, was when he felt it.

He forced the door open to the king's chambers, and saw Sookie laying on the ground, a large, ornate dagger sticking out of her armor covered back. He rushed over to her, and when he did, he smelled the culprit. Raegan. Before he had any time left to think about that, however, he noticed Sookie's spark rapidly deteriorating. The blade was coated in lemon juice, which he knew faeries were highly allergic to. He had to act fast.

He called out to his progeny, beckoning him to the king's chambers, as he picked Sookie up carefully, avoiding the blade protruding from her back. When Eric still hadn't arrived, Godric called him a second time, this time with greatest amount of force he could muster. He knew it would hurt his son, but he was too focused on Sookie. His Sookie.