7. Holland Road

So I was lost, go count the cost,
Before you go to the Holland road,
With your heart like a stone you spared no time in lashing out
And I knew your pain and the effect of my shame
But you cut me down, you cut me down

And I will not tell the thoughts of hell
That carried me home from the Holland road
With my heart like a stone and I put up no fight
To your callous mind, and from your corner you rose
To cut me down, you cut me down

So I hit my low, little did I know
That would not be the end,
From the Holland road
Well I rose and I rose and I paid less time,
To your callous mind, and I wished you well
As you cut me down, you cut me down

But I still believe though there's cracks you'll see,
When I'm on my knees I'll still believe,
And when I've hit the ground, neither lost nor found,
If you'll believe in me I'll still believe

And I still believe though there's cracks you'll see,
When I'm on my knees I'll still believe,
And when I've hit the ground, neither lost nor found,
If you'll believe in me I'll still believe

Holland Road

By: Mumford and Sons

After talking for awhile, Sookie and Godric went downstairs, and were greeted by the entirety of Godric's nest.

"We need to finish what we began upstairs," Sookie whispered to Godric. "You still owe me answers about why you were in that basement."

Godric simply nodded his head in agreement, and went off to greet his guests.

"What's going on?" Eric asked Sookie, looking at her concerned.

"Nothing you should worry about, Eric. Thank you. For everything. For sacrificing yourself for me," Sookie said, touching his arm gently.

"Sookie, you know I have...feelings...for you, right?" Eric asked, feeling like a blubbering human. Eric Northman was not usually soft.

"I know. But right now, it isn't a good time. There's too many things going on. I can't be distracted by anything like that. Something is going on. I can feel it," Sookie said, turning around.

"Come on, Sookie. You've only got another good 500 years in you. You're already over 2000—enjoy what you can now," Eric said, deciding to play on that emotion.

"Yes, I realize that my time will draw to an end soon. And I might sleep with you. I might not," Sookie said, unsurprised at the direction he was going. She walked away, and decided to explore Godric's home. He must have recently bought it. She perused the bedrooms and bathrooms, just observing all of Godric's things. She smiled when she went back to his bedroom, and saw all of the pictures he had framed. There were pictures of him and her, him and Eric, and all three of them together. Sookie couldn't even begin to imagine where he had gotten the photos from.

She was just reaching the bottom of the stairs to the living room when she heard it.

"GET DOWN!" Sookie screamed, and every vampire in the room did as she said immediately. She felt two bodies crush her, and then she felt the heat from the blast. It was burning hot and the sound was deafening. "Stay down," she whispered, knowing that the vampires would be able to hear her. She waited for the gunshots she knew were coming. When everything was over, most of the vampires got up to chase the assailants.