12. Through Glass

I'm looking at you through the glass.
Don't know how much time has passed
Oh, god it feels like forever
But no one ever tells you
That forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head

How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget you don't expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes initialized
And folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You can't expect a bit of hope

So while you're outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what you're staring at is me

'Cause I'm looking at you through the glass.
Don't know how much time has passed
All I know is that it feels like forever
And no one ever tells you that forever feels like home
Sitting all alone inside your head

Through Glass

By: Stone Sour

She and Godric were kissing. And not because of blood lust, or the need for release. Because of...feelings. And she liked it. Godric deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue between her lips, and holding the back of her neck. It felt so good.

She moaned in to the kiss, allowing him to completely take control. He rolled over her, pinning her to the bed as he continued to kiss her lips. She felt his hardness pressed against her leg, and she wanted him so badly it physically hurt. His hand began to wander down her stomach, slowly making its way to her center. He unbuttoned her shorts nimbly, and dipped his hand into her panties. She had forgotten how good he was with his fingers.

"Stop," she finally managed to choke out. "We can't do this."

Godric looked up at her with eyes dark with lust. "Sookie," he started, removing his hands from her, "what is it?"

"I just can't do this. I can't get distracted. I can't get too attached. You know that. I need to be alone, to clear my head."

"Okay," he said slowly, "I'll leave, then."

"That would probably be best," Sookie said, standing up from the bed.

"I just want to know what's going on in your head. I just want to help you."

"The best way for you to help me right now, is to give me some space," she said, crossing her arms over her chest. "I love you, Godric, and that's why I can't let this happen."

"I'll be here at sundown tomorrow for our trip to Fangtasia."

After he left, Sookie threw herself on the bed. She felt terrible for how she acted, but getting too emotional right now was dangerous. She knew Godric understood that, deep down. It didn't help the guilt any, though. She led him on. And if circumstances were different, she would have let it happen, and would have pursued a relationship with him. In terms of immortality, her time was running short. 500 years at best, and a few hundred of those would be spent as an old woman. At that token, she didn't want to do that to him, either. String him along for a short amount of time, and then pass on. That would be too cruel.

There was no easy answer.

Sookie woke up the next day right at sundown. She must have been exhausted. Before she even made it down the stairs, she felt Godric's void appear at the door—he must have rested close to the house, most likely at the graveyard right next door.