9. War Pigs

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh Lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, yeah

War Pigs

By: Black Sabbath

"Your Majesty, how nice to see you so quickly," Raegan said as Sookie entered her throne room. She had chosen a loose fitting blue gown, which reached the floor. She wore her tiara, blue and white royal ring, and had her hair in an updo. She looked ever bit like royalty.

"Yes, I came as soon as I was able to get away. Don't act too surprised," she said, sitting on her throne. Raegan was a good enough adviser, but they never got along, even all these years later. She only kept him around because he was good at his job.

"Pardon me, your grace. I did not mean to be disrespectful," he said, bowing slightly. Sookie nodded her head, and shifted to get comfortable on the throne.

"What is going on, Raegan? What is the threat?"

"It seems as though there have been several spies caught in the palace. Now, this could just be normal posturing—we have our spies over there—or, it could be something more sinister. I have no doubt that you remember what happened last time. Niall, however, was old and was no longer paying attention. We can hopefully deal with this before it gets out of hand," he finished, handing her a document with the disturbance recorded on it.

"Were these spies kept alive?" she asked, looking up from the papers.

"One was, your grace."

"Hmm," she hummed, thinking about her options. "I would like to speak to this spy."

"We have already spoken to him. He was never told why he was here, only that he was to gather information, and return to the Water king with said information."

"Send him as a message, then. Let him live. The others are dead, and there's nothing we can do about that now. Send this spy back as warning. If war is coming, I think it is time to take over the Water clan, don't you?" she asked, looking at Raegan.

"That would probably be best. One ruler for both clans. Earth and Fire have never been problems, but maybe we could implore them to help us," he suggested. Sookie thought about it, knowing the daemons of the Fire realm would be very useful in an assault against the smug king of the Water Fae—they were just smug by nature, she assumed.

"I will write to the king of the Fire Daemons, and see what he can do to help us," Sookie said. "Now, I must speak with some of the townspeople and hear petitions. Leave me."

For the next two hours, Sookie heard over 100 petitions and complaints, and was able to deal with almost all of them. She was not always present in Faery, but her people liked her and her policies. She was a fair ruler. By the time she was done, she had a headache, and she was uncomfortable. She trudged back to her quarters to find Godric in downtime on her bed. As soon as she walked in, though, he perked up.

"How was your day?" he asked, scooting over to giver her room on the large bed. She took off her shoes, and dropped on the bed, still in her gown.

"Long. I feel war coming," she said, turning over to face him. "It feels as it did before. Spies have been found. Hopefully, we caught this in time to keep it from getting violent."

Sympathy For The Devilजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें