CHAPTER 1

The moment I saw the top of my apartment door from the bottom of the stairs I almost shouted out with joy! My legs were aching from climbing the stairs repeatedly for the past two hours , and the box I was currently holding stabbed into my right boob. The last box of my stuff that needed to be carried to my brand new apartment!

I still couldn't get used to the words 'my' and 'apartment'. It was still so unreal to me that I'm finally starting my life on my own terms. Although I'm a little anxious I can't help but feel excited too.

I blew out a breath of relief as I placed the final box down on the wooden floors of my apartment. I stood up and looked around and all I saw was that my new place is a complete mess. Boxes stood spread out everywhere and a lair of dust covered everything.

My place isn't very big but it's big enough for me. I had a little kitchenette on the right side of the front door and a little living area on the left side of the kitchenette. On the left side of the apartment was a rather long isle with the bathroom on the right side and the guest bedroom on the left. The master bedroom was at the end of the isle .

The bedrooms weren't big either. There was only place for one bed , a dresser and maybe a chair or whatever with build in closets. The master bedroom was basically the same but it consists of a bathroom. There was also a big window on the right side of the master bedroom that had a view the city.

It's not a "WOW" apartment but everybody has to start at the bottom , right?

I sucked in a breath and closed the front door. I walked over to the boxes that stood in the kitchen and opened one of them and started to unpack it's contents. I didn't have much to unpack to I wasn't in a hurry. When I was done with box number one I felt hungry and decided to quickly run out and get something from the little café around the corner of my apartment building.

I pulled on my flats and a black hoodie then I was out the door , locking it behind me and putting the key in the back pocket of my light blue skinny jeans. As I started walking I couldn't help but smile.

After ten minutes of walking I arrived at the cute little café and the aroma of strong coffee and freshly baked pastries filled my nose. The place wasn't very busy and I was relieved for that because I was so fucking hungry.

I went and stood in line , watching what I wanted to get and what coffee I wanted to drink. The person that stood in front of me just got his order so it was my turn to go to the front. When I approached the counter , the waiter gave me a jaw dropping smile.

"Hello there beautiful , what can I get for you?" he asked , still with that damn smile on his face.

It took me a second to give him a response , because I was so caught up with that smile.

"Umm .. yeah , sorry. I'll have a strong , black coffee and a hazelnut muffin , please."

"Coming right up babe!"

A blush crept up my neck , and I gave him a shy smile. After five minutes he returned with my order , and when I gave him the money he took it in a way that his fingers brushed against mine , sending me another award winning smile.

"There you go , one strong , black coffee and a hazelnut muffin for the lovely lady!" he cheerily said.

"Thank you very much!" I replied with a polite smile.

When I turned to leave , he caught my free hand , stopping me in mid turn. When I turned around , he looked into my eyes , with a small smile on his face.

"I'm Nathan by the way." he said.

"Millie. Nice to meet you." I replied , giving him a slight smile.

I turned around , and went for the door. I opened the door and the little bell tingled. I was about to step through the doorway when I bumped into something hard , almost loosing my balance. When I lift my gaze up I stared into two stormy grey eyes. I couldn't tear my gaze away from the strangers eyes. Something about them made me feel ...uncomfortable? I don't know , but what I do know is that this situation was really intense. Strong.

I was harshly removed from my dream zone when I felt that my tits were on fire! I let out a gasp of pain , and when I looked down I saw that I spilled my steaming hot coffee right onto my chest area. The bag with my muffin fell to the floor when I pulled my hands to my chest to ease the pain a little bit , but my hands never made it to that area as the stranger caught my wrists in his hands.

His hands were big and strong. They were rough but soft at the same time , and as unbelievable as it sounds , I liked it when he held my hands that way. Well , I liked the way his hands were around my wrists , I didn't like that my tits were fucking burning and I couldn't do anything about it!

I looked up and he was just staring down on me. He didn't say anything nor did he show any emotion , he just stared. I saw that his jaw was clenching and un-clenching and that he was breathing heavy , but he didn't do anything. I was starting to get nervous and scared , but I couldn't move.

"I -I'm sorry..." I managed to crooked out after a while with us just standing that way.

He clenched his jaw once more and then let go of my hands. He straightened out his expensive looking suit jacket and stretched his arm out , gently pushing me to the side. He placed his arm at his side again , and calmly walked into the café , not saying anything or giving me a response of any sort. I stood there dumb folded with my jaw on the floor and my eyes wide open.

What the fuck just happened!?