Chapter 2

"How do you like your blueberry pancakes?" There was the sound of a chair being pulled back as my dad, Vincent, sat down.

I tore my eyes away from the beautiful forest to him. He had a cup of hot coco in his hands which he slid over to me and leaned back, watching me and the uneaten food on my plate.

I smile. "I'm not really hungry today."

He cocks up an eyebrow, asking, "And what would make you not want to eat your favorite food this morning?"

Geez, he's making me feel bad. Dad's always known if something was bothering me and I've always told him, but this time it's different. For some reason I just couldn't tell him about my dreams. Instead of answering I picked up my fork and began eating.

He smiled. "Don't worry, I get it, you're just not ready right now." He stands and kisses my forehead before leaving. Right as he leaves I hear him say, "But when you're ready, I'm here. Oh, and when you're brother's done getting ready, the both of you come meet me at Alpha Damon's house."

I continued to eat my pancakes while looking out at the green trees, the blue sky, the birds – everything really. Ever since I was a little girl I've always felt comfortable in the forest. It's like a second home.

"You should finish your food before we leave," Zach said beside me. He was sitting in the chair dad was in. Yeah, I knew he was here when really, if we'd had company, no one would have noticed him enter.

Shrugging, "I'm already done."

After cleaning my plate we left the house. Alpha Damon's pack wasn't far off. At least, that's how it felt to us when we're running.

Damon smiled big when he saw us. "And here I was worrying you two wouldn't show up," he joked.

We chuckle.

Damon's mate, Naomi, welcomes us with opens arms and ushers us inside. We talked of strategies for new places we could build more houses for the people. The time went by quickly and before I knew it I'm home. Except I'm arguing with Zach.

"I'm not going!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm not!"

"What is. . . ." My dad trailed off as he walked into my room.

There was dead silence. No one saying a word or moving an inch. His blue – his eyes change based on his mood. I got that from him too – eyes went from Zach to me to Zach to me.

"Should I ask?" he inquired cautiously.

Zack opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it. "Dad, Zach is trying to make me go to a party."

He raised an eyebrow at Zach, crossing his arms. "Is that so?"

"Is what so? And what in the world is all this racket for?" All our heads snapped to the door where my mom, Ellie, was standing with her hands on her hips and a playful scowl on her face. Truthfully, my parents are beautiful.

Vincent has dark brown hair that's almost black with a body builder's figure, a strong jaw, dimples, and tall. Really, he has everything a woman would want in a man. At least that's what my mom said. As for Ellie, she has long red golden-brown waist length hair, big green eyes, curves that could die for, high cheekbones, and full pink lips.

Everyone says we might as well be twins because of how much we look alike. But I have more red in my hair, my eyes are a deeper green when they're not another color, I have fuller lips, ect. I'm not saying I'm better than my mom. I'm just saying we're not as similar as everyone thinks.