Chapter 22

Every person that has the need for power is a danger to my family because of Zach and I. The women want Zach to be their children's father so they could have power, and the men want to impregnate me so that I can have their children. The women and men would try raising a werewolf army and destroying all the packs that would rebel against them.

At the moment a rogue named T. is trying to destroy my family in order to 'capture' and use me as he wishes, but I won't let him. It won't be an easy task for him, though. He has to go through me and Zach before getting to our family. Plus, these packs are no normal packs. They have tremendous strength and skill that have kept them at the top for a very long time.

I have only one weakness that could make me tear down mountains and change the world if I had to save them; my family. They are my only weakness. I know that I must protect them at all costs, even if it meant the end of my existence.

Zach held my hand and pulled me out of my thoughts. "Don't even think about doing it," he warns roughly.

Eyebrows going up and a look of confusion on my face to try and pretend like I didn't even know what he was talking about. "What?" I asked.

He snorts. "We're twins, Doedoe head. I can practically read your mind even if you closed your mind to everyone or if we aren't talking to each other through our mind-link." Squeezing my hand hard, giving me a look that said he knew what I was up to.

I snort right back. "That's not true."

He became dead serious, pulling me to a stop beside him. "Running away from us won't solve any problems," he said softly.

I nod, swallowing down a sigh of relief. He got it right, in a way. "I'm not going to run away," I assured.

He narrowed his eyes a fraction before nodding in approval. Whatever he saw in my eyes reassured him somehow.

"If we left, it would keep our family safe, but we could never put them through the pain though."

Zach smiles at me. "We're family, Bella," he declared, "and family sticks together."

"Bella! Zach!" cried someone behind us. It was Stacy, Jasmine, Ava, Alice, Melissa, and Naomi: the Lunas. All Lunas are here, but where were the Alphas?

"They took the Alphas!" Jasmine yelled.

"Held us captive!" Ava growled.

Naomi nodded vigorously. "They used these high tech guns that knocked any wolf out if they were shot," she said in a rush.

Melissa, her blue hair shining in the sunlight, looked torn. "The children were fast and hid well, just like you taught them, but the infants were vulnerable, and if we didn't give ourselves up then they would have killed them," she said in fear.

"After we gave ourselves up they held the guns to our heads and used us to trap the Alphas," Alice said in a regretful voice.

"The rabids took them north," Stacy informed, looking calm yet in her eyes I could see the turmoil.

"You did the right thing," I quietly addressed. "We'll bring them back."

"Thank you for the help," Zach thanked.

Right then the wind carried their scents to us. We left and headed north. It was stronger which meant they were closer. We followed the scents to another cave, and I couldn't help but think how cave-men alike they are. The first time the rogues tried to kidnap the women and children they went to a hidden cave, and now this? Ugh. I really don't like the leader and how he does things.

"Shall we?" Zach asked while sweeping his hand forward.

I tipped my head and stepped up. I raised my hand and knocked loudly on the wall. A second later and rabids came out snarling and snapping their jaws. Wrapped my arms around two and snapped their necks as Zach handles the other two.