Chapter 28

The night went on with laughter and jokes filling the night sky. I had so much fun catching up with everyone that I wasn't aware of how tired I was. It all hit me out of nowhere, and as I was talking with Art and Zach I didn't realize I'd fallen asleep until someone picked me up. My dad's familiar scent woke me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a tired voice.

He chuckles. "How many chances will I be able to do this once you leave?" he asked in a teasing voice.

"I probably won't be moving out," I mumbled. By then we entered my room and he tucked me in, smoothing back my hair.

"Now why would that be?"

I then told him the story about seeing him and another girl a little too close, and she had nothing on except a sports bra and some booty shorts. And how he allowed her to touch him and flirt with him. Now that I said it aloud a second time it seemed kind of silly to be so upset about something like that.

But even with Shadow doing something like that to me, I was still going to go with him. At least, that's the Feeling I got.

My dad's laugh broke me out of my little conclusion. But boy did he laugh like his life depended on it. "What's so funny?" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes.

He tried to stop laughing but he had a hard time with it. And for some reason his laugh made me laugh too.

"Y-you j-just . . . " His laughing voice trailed off. He cleared his throat and tried again. "You just remind me of your mom so much that it's funny."

"Which means?" I probed quietly.

He made himself more comfortable by laying next to me and looking at me. "I came home smelling of another female vampire. Your mom went crazy on me. The vampire did try to sleep with me, though."

I raise a brow at him.

He chuckles. "No, nothing ever happened," he assured me, shaking his head. "Your mom didn't want to talk with me, but I made her. In the end, the vampire ended up being the Beloved to another female vampire."

I sat up, gaping at him. "Are you talking about Bianca?" I asked incredulously.

We were both very quiet then burst out into laugher. We were laughing even when my mom came in.

"Everyone left," Ellie said.

We laugh even harder as we see her raise an eyebrow as if she caught us doing something we weren't supposed to, like talking about her. Just then my brother entered the room too and sat at my feet while my mom took the other side of my dad.

Ellie scowls at Vincent. "I remember that day perfectly fine," she grumbled. 

He laughed, kissing her lips sweetly. Zach lays on my legs, looking up at me. "Sometimes things aren't what they seem."

Ellie giggles. "Your dad said the same thing to me. I had to make sure I had all details before I made any decisions."

I sighed, nod, and lean against Vincent as he wrapped an arm around both of us. Zach scooted up so that he was laying down right next to me, my mom having to scoot over because of how huge he was.

"You're getting fat," I murmured.

He gasped dramatically and elbows me. I elbow him back. He does it again and vise versa until my mom laughs. "You have to rest, twins," she advised.

"Okay," we yawn together, stretching.

I close eyes, ready to fall asleep when I feel the bed shift as they start to get up. "Stay," I said softly, patting the bed.