Chapter 16

The only thing on my mind at this very moment was murder. I stormed down every hallway and pushed past every person until I found the Beta. He was sitting at the table talking with a female that looked like she wanted to jump his bones right then and there. He, on the other hand, looked like he needed some help.

"Take me to the Alpha King," I bit out. He jumped in surprise and the girl let out a squeak.

"Of course," he immediately submitted, getting up and walking off.

I followed him but stopped as I heard the one word that made something inside me shiver with rage.

"Bitch." The girl said it as quiet as a whisper. But with my strong hearing I heard her. Hell, I could have heard the word miles away.

Too bad she said it today. Faster than anyone could see I flashed in front of her, grabbed her head, and slammed it on the table. I left her there blinking in a confused daze with blood dripping down her face.

I walked right past an open-mouthed Beta without looking at him. He followed.

"What the hell was that?" he asked.

"That was me going easy on the girl."

"Just because she called you a - "

"Don't even fucking finish that sentence!" I snapped, holding him by the neck against the wall.

Ryan put his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. Sorry."

I let go of my hold and continued on.

"What made you so angry?"

"If you think I'm angry now, you have another thing coming. This isn't even close to me being angry."

"That sure is scary," he muttered and decided to change the subject. "You know the way to the Alpha King's room?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"Why save me?" He wanted to know.

A glance in his direction. "You'd do it for me," I said simply.

We finally reached the two huge black double doors that had always seemed to loom, watching, over everything. Well, those damn doors slammed open as I stormed in, my 'anger' reignited.

"Why?" I demanded.

My eyes took in his room. The dark walls, the beautiful canopy bed with black see through curtains falling in graceful waves down each side. Straight across from me black cabinets were on either side of the biggest and longest bed I'd ever seen. A dresser on the left side of the room between two doors. The door on the right, no doubt, lead to the bathroom while the other probably had a ginormous hidden closet. Two glass doors on the opposite side of the room lead out to a huge balcony.

Man, this guy really likes black. I mean, sure, I like dark places that make me feel comfortable, but I still like a little light. I walked over to the glass doors and opened them wide. The sunshine shone in, a smile spread across my lips. This felt nice.

"You look happy for a person that appeared to want to rip my head off a few seconds ago. Beta. Door." The door closed as Ryan left.

He's spoken, at last. He's been sitting in the darkest corner of the room in an old fashioned dark wooded chair while I was studying his room, well, more of a dark cave than a room, really.

Laughing with pleasure, "Oh, I still do." Turning to face him, arms crossed, leaning against the door frame. "I was just curious about" - raising my hand and motioning around - "your dominion."

A cold chuckle followed my statement. I could hear the hidden emotion, though, but decided to not say anything.

Time to get back to business, though. "Why?" I repeated again.