Chapter 6

In the eyes of the beast I stared, amazed, by its grace, by the powerful and dangerous air surrounding him. It drew me closer. Like a moth to a flame that would burn if it got too close. Yet I wanted to be drawn into the flames; to be burned.

Slowly, I walked a circle around the beast until I was once again face to face with him. At least the beast had no face because of the damn black mist around him. Even with the mist I was able to see his shape. He was a giant.

"You will one day make a choice that will alter the balance of the world." His voice sent shivers down my spine. It was so husky and deep that it did things to my body no one would have been able to do.

I raise a brow. "Really? What would that choice be?"

"There is no point in asking when you already know the answer to that."

I paid no mind to him and instead turned my attention to our surroundings. This time we were at a lake. Trees with beautiful purple flowers were everywhere as its petals littered the grass and water. The water was so clear I could see right through down to the rocky bottom.

"You rejected me, remember? In the end, you'll have to make that decision as much as me," I mumbled, bending down to pick up a fallen flower floating on the waters surface.

What we're talking about is simple, yet not. He thinks that it'll have to be up to me when we actually meet and discuss our relationship. But it's not only about me and my choices. The decision has to be up to him too.

Although I dream about him I know he's really there. Consciousness wise, at the very least. His body may not be here, but his soul is. How that could happen? I have no clue. All I know is that we're somehow connected on a whole new level than normal mates.

The silence that followed did nothing to hide the curiosity bubbling in me.

"Goodbye for now, Isabella," he said quietly.

I whipped around and growled, "Don't call me that!" But he was gone. Damn mate and his damn disappearing skills. Right before I woke I swear I could've heard the quietest of chuckles.

"Good morning. You had another dream about him," was the first thing Zach said when I bounced downstairs.

Without any trouble I nodded. It was easy to talk to him. "Yup," I agree, sitting in my usual seat right in front of the window and next to Zach. My mom and dad always sit across from us but today I guess they had some pack business so they were absent.

As I bite into my French toast he raised a questionable eyebrow. "That's it? No, 'Oh yeah, my mate tried to make me join the dark side'?" he said in a squeaky voice. I stared open mouthed at him in disbelief. He grimaced. "How can you look so pretty even when your mouth is hanging wide open with chewed up food?"

Grinning, "I do not sound like that. And this isn't Star Wars, Zach," I laughed. "And thank you, I know I'm awesome."

A knock on the door drew our attention away from our bickering. Zach went to answer as I finished my breakfast and apple juice and cleaned my dishes.

Zach rushed into the kitchen with a bad look. "The Beta's back."

I was running out the door before he even finished. There was no time to enjoy the fresh air or beautiful greenery. The Beta has arrived, and I had a feeling he's not going to go without a fight.

By the time I'd broke through the trees there were growls and snarls everywhere on the field. Though no one attempted to approach the other, I knew there was little time until they actually did. Upon showing myself the packs made a protective barrier around me and Zach. We both shared the same look. Shaking our heads, we jump and land in front of the battle line.