Chapter 1

Caroline's Pov: "Caroline! Get your little scrawny butt down here." My oh so wonderful mother yelled getting up from my creaking bed. I head downstairs for the ear full of whatever she's complaining about now, "Explain to me why you're failing history." She screams at me right as I enter the living room.

"How should I know! I do all the work i'm told to do! And yet here I am still failing!" I say huffing and puffing out of anger.

"Humph that's not a good answer missy! You're just not working hard enough! I expect that F of yours to go up to an A++ by the end of the week! If not you will regret it, missy." My mother yells.

After my mother's yelling rant about stupid grades. I head back to my room, to do absolute nothing. Falling back onto my bed, all I can think about is how much I would love to have a dog. A best friend, who's loyal and always by your side no matter what. I've always loved animals, but one issue... my so called parents. Well they hate dogs. And completely despise me. With two older brothers who, I can't possibly match up to and my mother's standards. Life is hard.

The next morning, rushing out of bed... getting dressed, brushed hair, grabbed my school supplies... and rushing out the door. My usual routine on weekdays for school. During school it's completely boring, as a highschooler... it's hard to keep up with sixth classes.

Once school's out I start my long walk home. But one things different this time, instead of walking home on an empty street. I run into a stray dog... who sits watching all the cars go by, all the people go by, everything.

Walking up to the dog, he looks directly at me. Tilts his head a bit then stands up and walks over to me. Petting the poor pup, I notice he has a red collar on. Looking at it, it has no number, just a name. Chaplin.

"Your names Chaplin, eh?" I say out loud, "Well, i'll see you later. I gotta get home so my parents don't get angry plus got lots of homework to do."

The next day walking home Chaplin's still there sitting and watching everything. After that day I went back to see Chaplin everyday for a whole month. Until the fateful day when my mother went to far.

After my mother slapping on the back of the head for one small thing. Not doing the dishes. I had enough, I cried myself to sleep, waking up in the middle of the night. I made my choice. I shall run away and give Chaplin a home with me on the road. Well until we can find one.

Packing up clothes, personal stuff, hygiene stuff, food, and anything else I needed. Then I wrote a note to my family.

Dear Parents and brothers,

I'm leaving home, I don't belong here. You all don't love me, don't pay attention to me, and bully me. So i'm running away with my only friend, who does understand me. Have a good life.

Your daughter+Sister,

Carolina

Without a word, I left the house in the middle of the night. Heading straight to where I meet Chaplin everyday. Once I get there, looking around I end up finding and old shack. In the shack I find a sleeping Chaplin. As soon as I walk in his head goes flying up. But once he saw me he laid right back down. Walking over to Chaplin, and sitting down next to him. I sit and think until the sun starts to show.

Looking over at Chaplin, I finally get a good look at him. All white and now that I can see him better he doesn't look like a dog... he looks more like a wolf. He's pretty tamed for a wolf, that's for sure.

As the sun gets higher in the sky, Chaplin gets up. Stretching his legs, and starts walking out. But he soon stops and looks at me, apparently expecting me to follow. One weird wolf. Standing up, I end up following Chaplin. Chaplin starts heading the opposite direction of the road he usually sits at.

While walking, I keep hearing mumbling voices coming from somewhere but where is the question. Every now and then I catch Chaplin turning his head to look at me... then turns his head and keeps walking.

Finally after a whole morning of walking we reach a deserted looking barn.

Deciding this would be a good place to rest for the night, I head over to the barn opening it up. In the barn, there's a bunch of hay and farmer stuff. Making myself a makeshift bed of hay, I slowly drift off to sleep with Chaplin by my side.

Waking up I find that Chaplin's gone, outside I didn't see anything except a few wildlife. The barn was a nice little place that has a roof thats dry. Looking around for Chaplin isn't the easiest, he tends to like to hide; like hide and seek. Finally after looking all over. In the distance, I end up finding Chaplin staring at a chicken coup, most likely the farmers chickens. Right there and then anyone could tell what Chaplin wanted to do. Eat those poor defenceless chickens. If I didn't do something right now there will be, most likely less chickens.

By the time I got to Chaplin it was already too late. Two dead chickens and the rest scattered all over. With feathers and blood everywhere. "Chaplin! What are you doing!" I say annoyed.

Out of nowhere, a shotgun sound is heard nearby, with the farmer running at top speed towards Chaplin and I. The farmer ain't happy one bit, yelling and cussing. Yelling "Sorry a over and over I run grabbing Chapins collar and Chaplin not budging until he grabbed his pray. And ran for the hills, we kept running until we couldn't see the farmer behind us.

Out of breath, tired, and hungry I decided to make a fire and cook one of the chickens and save one for dinner. Might as well not let them go to waste. Plucking the chicken was past what I would rather not remember. After eating Chaplin snuggled up and took a nap. About a hour or two later of snoozing, I decided to get back to traveling. Grabbing Chaplin and hiding all evidence that we were even there. After a couple of hours of traveling it was starting to get dark so we end setting up camp, while I made a fire and started making dinner, Chaplin just snoozed.

After dinner I stared at the starry night and slowly fell asleep next to Chaplin. Dreaming of my old life and my new life ahead.

In my dream I see dragons all over bowing to me. And a man with a crown smiling at me with so much love and admiration. Waking up and sitting up straight, all I can think about is that dream.