Chapter 9

***Flash back 4 hundred years ago Mirosh's past***

Mirosh's Pov: "Hey dad, I'm gonna go to the village for a bit! See you at dinner!"

I ran out of the house fast, heading to the meeting spot to hang out with my friends that day and a certain someone, I always went to hang out as much as possible to see them. Sometimes even sneaking out. But I never made it today. Instead of running to the village, I managed to get myself caught by people who completely hate my family. Why? I have not one clue, everytime I bring it up, both my parents change the conversation. Fast like a rabbit.

-one earlier-

Running to the village I can see it my sight. My family had to move way out into the country for safety since a lot of bad people hate us, I don't know why. Almost to the village, after running for what felt like hours but only has been 30ish minutes I guess. Managing to run into, Elyaas. Tumbling to the ground. Scratched and bruised. One of the most powerful people around. Running into him was like a death sentence waiting to happen. Running for dear god life... running through trees, jumping over rocks. Somehow managing to escape but plans never go as planned. Elyaas had me cornered. "Grab the kid! He'll make a good worker or how about a good slave to sell." Smirked Elyaas.

-One hour later-

"Its for sure, Master Elyaas he's Rhodri's boy." Grinning like an idiot says a guard

"Now why would a dragon slayer's son be all the way out here? Eh? ANSWER ME BOY!" Yelled a furious Elyaas while yanking my hair, pushing me to the ground.

"Leave us!" Demanded Elyaas. While staring at me with his cold icy pale green eyes.

When Everyone left, "I have been watching you for some time now... Mirosh."

"Wait... What...? Why?!" Talking while wheezing from the injuries they inflicted when I tried to escape.

"Let me Introduce myself, my name is King Elyaas. I'm King of the dragons, the only blue crystal dragon in the world." Revealed Elyaas with his pale green eyes softening by the second.

Eyes going wide, "Wait a-a minute... you're saying you are... half dragon!"

"Yes... I am. So are you and your parents. Your Parents moved out into the country to protect you from these people from finding out who you are. If they find out, your dead on the spot." Muttered Elyaas, "Might as well tell you now, I have chosen you... to become the new dragon king."

Taking all this in, he then changes the subject.

"Soooo.... is Alec your lover?" asked Elyaas stares me down. I wasn't ready for anyone to say "lover" to me with an oozing note of slime beneath the word. I felt would never be ready'

"With all the thoughts in my mind going on, I never really thought of her that way... I do like her, but i'm not good enough for her.... Hey! Why did you change the subject! You just said you picked ME of all people to become the dragon king and then you change the subject, to about a girl I like!" I raged.

"Well... I knew you wouldn't take it well. I'll give you time to decide what you want to do. Stay here as an ordinary boy who has no clue of what kind of power he holds within or come with me and train to become a dragon slayer in line to become the dragon king." whispered Elyaas. "Oh by the way, the girl you like she is half with but is also have dragon... She may not know it but she does have a destiny on her shoulders just like you. Where you two take that destiny is up to you, i'm just sending you guys on the right path laid ahead."

Staring at my hands I asked "How do you know so much about Alec? And why would you chose me?" I put in.

Looking up I saw pale green eyes staring right through me, like I wasn't there. When Elyaas finally spoke sighing, "I had some of the other dragon slayers keep an eye on you two. I saw something in the both of you a certain destiny both of you will have to endure together. Now get up, go home and think... don't go anywhere else just go straight home. I'll come for you soon for an answer." He whispers untying my bonds and disappearing into the woods.

"Wait! What about Alec! What about Alexander!" yelling while he disappeared into the forest.

Then I heard a whispered chanted voice saying, "She'll be safe, we dragon's stick together, as are you soon to be dragon king we will protect her for you. Go home. Our soon to be hopeful king."

It's like they knew I would accept and become the dragon king but I don't know if I could handle it. Following my instructions, apparently for my own safety I went home. Sat down ate breakfast and thought about what Elyaas said.

-Three days later-

Everything went back to normal, Elyaas hasn't shown his face since then. Everytime I try to go to the village, i'm stopped by Elyaas's men with them always saying the same phrase, "Go home and think about what King Elyaas has told you. He will see you soon, for your answer."

Like his men said he showed up one day while I was out in the fields with my father. Soon as my father saw Elyaas and did what I never thought my father would do. He bowed down to him.

"Rise Rhodri's the dragon slayer. Its nice to see you again, Mirosh. Have you thought about my offer? This is your destiny, you can't say no."

My father's eyes go wide when he realizes what Elyaas was going at. Which meant my father knew that Elyaas choose me to become the dragon king. I still am a bit puzzled on all this dragon slayer stuff but I know it's pretty much very much more important than my own life.

"Sooo... Will you take me offer and become the next dragon king!?!" Demanding for an answer said Elyaas.

"If I say yes, what will happen to Alec? Will she be joining us?" Saying this with an alpha king tone.

"Well of course, this is her destiny too." Elyaas says with a bit of pride in his eyes.

"I got no other choice, do I. I can sense other dragon slayers around ready for an attack if I don't accept this."

Elyaas eyes flickered with surprise, shock, and also pride. "I knew he was the one, the next dragon king." Elyaas whispers silently.

Out of nowhere Alec came running yelling, "Let's get going you guys we got lots of ground to cover!"

Our Journey began that day but what happened the next day is another story.

***flashback over***

After Carolina got on my back we headed off, in hunt of the other dragons. I have to be careful with what I say now that she's here, she must not know, who she really were and about who the others really are. If she finds out she may, become get scared and I can't bear losing her again, I have been looking for her for hundreds of years. But even if she does run, i'll run with her.

Getting to the meadow where everyone loves to hangout, it was so peaceful from what I remember. I told everyone to keep quiet about everything until Carolina was ready to know.

Deep in thought I here out of nowhere, "Hey Mirosh, what are you thinking about?" Whispers giggling Carolina, "your face gets all scrunched up when you're deep in thought, you know."

"Huh? Oh yeah, just thinking. About the time I was chosen to be the dragon king's heir, and all my experiences to become who I am right now. Maybe someday I'll tell you my story of my past. Plus, I haven't been here in hundred of years soooo... i'm kinda nervous for what the others will say."