Chapter 17

Maya's Pov: Crystal and I ran through the night non stop until we finally reached it, our destination. The last two non shifting dragons live in a cave buried deep in a mountain very far into the territory, and far away from the rest of the dragon slayers. They always said they stay here to let the young ones form a future or something like that. Walking into the mountain, I have to use my smell to get around. It's so dark that I can't see my feet, I can't see anything! Tripping and falling all the way to where the last of dragons lay in wait. I finally make it to them, Syreth and Zoralth.

"If I trp one MORE TIME I'M GONING TO SCREAM!" Crystals yells loudly out of anger.

I feel the wind moving all around,

"Hello.... Syreth? Zoralth? It's Maya, remember? I came to talk about some important business. Mirosh he's in real trouble, he is in a coma and won't wake and has been in it for some time now." I say while watching both Syreth and Zoralth appear out of the dark.

Looking at the two dragons I see Syreth is still as white as snow with red stripes and Zoralth is still black as night with some white streaks.

"Hello Maya, it is very nice to see you once again. We've known about Mirosh's illness, but we do not have the strength right now. To cast the healing spell, but I do remember my husband here teaching you it." Says Syreth while jabbing Zoralth in the side to wake him up.

"Huh? What? Did I doze off?? Oops... well um whatever Syreth said is pretty much true we don't have the strength to cast a healing spell powerful enough to heal Mirosh but you may be able to. I have taught you a spell powerful enough to save Mirosh but it will put you at risk. If you feel up to it bring Mirosh here with only Queen Candice, Mirosh's mate and his second in command. I am most certain you will do anything for Queen Candice, after all she did bring you back from the dead," clarified a sad but chiper Zoralth.

"I have thought about doing it myself but the risks. Last time I used it I almost died. But for Queen Candice, i'll do anything for her. And long as you guys our helping me, i'll hopefully be okay." I declared.

"Well then we will most likely see you again very soon... Bring Mirosh here and we will combine our strengths to heal Mirosh. Together. Now go and tell them the news they must be worried what we would've said." Syreth said with her voice echoing throughout the cave.

Carolina's Pov: I wait by Miroshs bedside, not being able to sleep, waiting for Maya and Crystal to return with the last of the non shifting dragons answer. Rainy Daze has been constantly pacing the room, nonstop all night. While Ragnor manages to pass out in the chair on the other side of Miroshs bed. Queen Candice keeps saying have faith they'll pull through for us all those old dragons have always helped the younger aged dragons in times of need, like this. But keeping up hope with someone you just met and putting your trust in them just like that isn't easy. I got no other choice though, if she can possibly save Mirosh then I'll try my best to put my trust into her.

Queen Candice's Pov: Everyone's rest less, well except for Ragnor who can sleep through anything... Lucky duck. Everyone who has tried to get some sleep just can't for waiting anxiously for Maya and Crystal to return with the dragons answer. They are our last hope to save the king of the dragons, to save Mirosh... My old friend, Carolinas mate. Waiting by the fire in Mirosh's guest room... I hear some of my warriors talking out in the hall guarding my door,

"Yeah I hope Maya comes back soon... I can tell all the dragonslayers our devastated without their king." Says one of my warriors

Another speaks, "Yeah but sooner she comes the better our Queen will stop worrying... I know she tries to hide it but we all know her past with Mirosh they were really good friends back then. And knowing her, she would do anything for a friend and I mean anything."

"Yeah that's pretty true... But now my question... How did they meet?? A dragonslayer king and the Queen of the warlocks and witches??" Says another.

I hear another voice which must be Maya, "We're back!!! Let me in guys I need to talk to Queen Candice, it's very important!" I hear Maya say.

"Let them in, I have been waiting for them all night," I ordered. As my guards let Maya and Crystal in, Maya starts talking immediately. While Crystal goes and lays up against a wall.

"The dragons, Syreth and Zoralth, said that he could be healed. We must bring him to them, Carolina, you, and Mirosh's second in command our aloud to come. Faster we bring him to them, the better." Maya says sternly.

"Alrighty let's go right away then!" I say.

Maya's Pov: We headed straight out after telling everyone the news. After Rainy Daze put Ragnor in charge for the time being we all headed out with Crystal and I in the lead. Leading the way to Syreth and Zoralth's cave well home I guess. "Alrighty let's go right away then!" I say.