Chapter 2

Caroline's Pov: Waking up to the sunlight beating down upon Chaplin and I. With Chaplin licking my face. Gri[[ing my sleeve and attempting to drag me towards a direction. Chaplin urging me to follow him, soooo figuring it was time to shove off from our resting place and see what Chaplin wanted to show me, after packing up, I followed Chaplin. It looked like Chaplin had been up for some time. He kept tripping over tree roots and seemed pretty tired.

When i'm with Chaplin it's like he can actually understand me and like he could actually hear my thoughts. Those thoughts trailed through my mind until... I saw what Chaplin wanted me to see. A wide open meadow it was so beautiful so many wild flowers, trees, and best of all a herd of wild horses. In the distance, I saw something shaped like a house. Chaplin started heading to the mysterious house, I guess this is what he wanted me to truly see. Getting closer to the house, you could obviously tell it was abandoned. All the plants were overgrown. Weeds all over the house with a closer look anyone could tell it was pretty back then. Inside a little hard work would make it a perfect home for a girl and her dog who just need a home.

Out of nowhere in the wind I could've sworn I heard a voice say ,"Stay here...good home...perfect hiding place, for now." Instead of worrying about it; the best thing to do right now was shrug it off and get to work. The inside is perfect everything we need, a fireplace, a table, a chair, an old bed. Allot of leaves over everything, dust covered everything in layers upon layers, cobwebs were all over the place, and lots of long forgotten books.

Digging around I manage to uncover a pot, and some dishes. After straightening everything up, dusting, getting rid of cobwebs, sweeping out the leaves with a makeshift broom. Tt felt like a real home. For the rest of the afternoon I spent time reading the long forgotten books.

The first book I picked up was about hunting. That book will surely come in handing, in the future. First chapter; trapping animals. Seems pretty easy. I tried some of the hunting tricks took a while. After about an hour or two, I finally caught a rabbit. I decided to make a stew and give Chaplin part of the rabbit.

While hunting I found a stream of water. Which came in handy for how close it is. After washing the pot, in the stream, I started making my stew with one of the recipes I found in the long forgotten books. Looking around the back of the hut there must've been a garden of some sort because I found carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, burdock roots, cauliflower, onions, and parsnip. Growing wildly, and allot of overgrown other stuff.

After eating my stew; sitting by the fire reading the long forgotten books, they have so much knowledge while Chaplin laid by the fire dozing off. I went to bed happy, safe, free, and with my only best friend in the world.

Waking up that morning, the sun was bright in the sky. With Chaplin watching out the window. Relighting the fire to heat up the rest of the stew, and giving Chaplin the leftover rabbit bits from last night's dinner.

Everything's been so peaceful, weeks went by, I grew closer to Chaplin. The hut felt like home more than my old life with my family. Deciding to go on my daily walk through the forest, while walking I manage to come across a man. Who most likely recognized me. He was a bounty hunter; his eyes widen while he rummages through his pocket. Grabbing a picture out of his pocket, and then trying to grab me but before he could I turned around and ran, ran as fast as possible back to the hut. It was like Chaplin already knew he was ready to move when I arrived.

Packing up the useful books and all the supplies we needed, and got back on the road. I didn't want to leave but that man that bounty hunter gave me no choice. To stay free and to stay with Chaplin we went back on the road to find another home where we belonged.

Chaplin's Pov: The whole time on the road I felt like there was someone watching us, so I kept Caroline moving with short breaks each day. At night i'b be half asleep half awake.

About a month went by and it's been the same I still feel like someone is following us... My bet it's the dragon hunters, attempting to kill Caroline..

I must get Caroline to the witches village and to the king. Then she will be safe. But until the day she realizes who she really is, is the day her life will totally change. For better, I have no clue.

Caroline's Pov: While travelling through forests the bounty hunter, managed to find us. But this time he came prepared, with a tranquilizer gun. Chaplin keeps dragging me forward, and full speed. But the dart is starting to take effect, he's starting to slow down.

Before I know it, the bounty hunter caught up. Grabbing my hair and knocking me to the ground. In the corner of my eye, I see Chaplin start to lay down, from and close his eyes.

"CHAPLIN!" I yell with the bounty hunter holding my mouth then knocking me out.

I wake up to barking. Looking up drowsily, I find the bounty hunter looking over me with a creepy smile. The bounty hunter tied me up to a tree, when I was out cold. While he made a call, reaching for Chaplin to try to untie him, which is taking all my strength to reach him.

Managing to untie myself and Chaplin... While the bounty hunter was on the phone. Chaplin and I managed to sneak away without him knowing at all. There was a town near by, so deciding to go into town and buy some new clothes, supplies. Luckily no one figured out who I was. They didn't ask anything just wanted my money for the clothing and supplies. Not much left I'll soon have to find a way to make make money for food or figure out how to hunt better.

Once setting off back into the woods where no one would really follow. I'm just hoping the bounty hunter gave up. While setting up camp for the night, Chaplin disappeared into the forests. When finally had everything set up, Chaplin came back with three chickens. Didn't expect him to know how to hunt and rather not know where he got them.

While eating Chaplin stood up with a stance of protection. He starts to growl when I notice, a shadow moving around in the forest.