Did it have to be like this?

After a few weeks had passed, Lucy had gotten use to living at The Dragneel's Mansion.

Natsu was very kind to her and he would occasionally spend most of his time with her.

Lucy happened to be in her room on her bed reading a book, when a sudden knock at her door drifted her away from the story.

"Yes"?

The door opened to reveal Virgo.
"Hime, I was sent here to bring you outside. You have a visitor, Miss"

She smiled and stood up from her bed. "ok, thank you Virgo"

"Punishment now"? She said with a poker face.

"N-no..."

"Dang it..", Virgo mumbled under her breath.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The pink haired maid led Lucy to the front door and out the big drive in.

There was a black convertible with a man standing next to it.
"Never thought I'd see your face again, old friend"

Lucy couldn't hold in her happiness to see him.

"Hunter"! She ran up to him and gave him a big hug. Of course he returned it.

"Oh my god, what are you doing here"?!
"What? Can't see a friend of mine and give her these.." He handed her three envelopes.

"The two in blue are letters from your sisters Michelle and Ashley. I went to their Masters home with permission and had them write letters to this address to check on you.."

She gasped and hugged the two letters to he chest. "uh... what's the white one"?

He looked away blushing. "I.. uh.. it's an invention to me and Sarah's Wedding.."

She dropped the envelopes and hugged him again.
"HUNTER!! You lucky man! I knew she'd say yes! I knew it"!

He chuckled and ruffles her blonde hair.
"Well, I hope your enjoying your stay here"

"I am. Natsu is very kind to me" she smiled at him.

He smiled at her. "well I better go. I'll see you another time Lucy"!

"Ok! Bye Hunter"! She waved him off as he drove away.

Little did Hearfilia know, a certain Pinkette was watching through the front window of the main office.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy was walking down the halls of the mansion when she heard noises from Natsu's office. Curiously, she walked over and knocked.

"Master Dragneel"!

Nothing.

She checks the door to see it was unlocked. Quietly she opened the door to see an angry Natsu with a bottle of his finest Fire Whiskey.

"U-Uh... Natsu. Are you alright"

He looked at her with those glaring green emerald eyes.

"Did I say to come in Heartfilia.."?

She backed away just a bit, from the tone in his voice.
".. I-I'm sorry. I-I heard a noise and-"

"Who was that you were hugging this afternoon"?

Is this why he's acting like this? She thought.

"U-uh... that was Hunter... h-he came by to say "Hi" and.."

"You are not to go near him. You hear"

She looked at him in shock.
"W-what? Why not! He's my friend"!

"And what am I "? He drank the rest of the throat burning alcohol and glared at her.

"S-sir..."

"An I just a shadow to you... Am I nothing more than a worthless thing you can just throw away? Huh? You think you can just walk away and expect me to never see you again"?!

His voice grew as he stepped closer to the shivering Blonde.

"N-Nats-" Smack!

"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST LEAVE ME HERE ALONE LIKE YOU ALWAYS HAVE!! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME LISANNA"!!!

Lucy laid there on the floor. A stinging pain in her cheek as she stared at him.
At that moment, Natsu picks her up and kept hitting her, making bruises form on her shoulders, face, and chest.

He raised his hand to make another impacted when Lucy finally broke out.

"NO PLEASE DONT HURT ME! PLEASE BORA! IM SORRY! DONT HURT ME OR MY SISTERS!! IM SORRY!! PLEASE, STOP HURTING ME SISTERS! DONT HURT THEM!! IM BEGGING YOU"!!!

Right then, Natsu's hand stopped..

He stared at the now sobbing blonde who shielded her face with her arms.

"... Lucy.."

He backed away realizing what he did. His hand had a burning feeling, as he remembered the slap and hits he just gave her.

Quickly she got up and ran. Her footsteps echoed through the halls as she ran, ignoring his calls.

Once she made it to her bedroom, she locked the door and fell on her bed. Her warm tears that had kept falling, soaked the comforted of her bed along with the cover on the book she was reading earlier.

"... H-he's j-just like Bora..."

Just like Bora.