My father to remember

Her breath was slow. Her heartbeat loud.

She could feel her blood go cold as she backed her way against the desk.

"F-father".

Jude didn't even show expression.
Not a smirk of enjoying her fear. Not a sneer of annoyance.

Just blank.

"W-... why are you here? How did you"?

"The Heartfilias always rise again, daughter".

She hated how his words were venom. But it wasn't just fear going through her head. It was anger.

"I'm not a Heartfilia", she spoke with anger.

Jude still had a blank expression. He pulled out a cigar and lit it. The bush of his mustache brushed the tobacco rolled stick. He huffed and blew a smoke.

"You can say what you like, my dear, but you'll always be a Heartfilia. It runs in your blood".

He stepped forward to the middle of the room. Lucy didn't even more.

She wasn't going to show fear.

She was done being the scared little girl.

"Now, let's make it clear to this room", he started.
"I only came because it's for business. So you don't have to worry for me trying anything to you".

She just looked at the floor. How she couldn't even look at him. To look upon the man that was titled her father. The man who was the reason for her life to go to hell.

The only good thing she got out of it was Natsu finding her.

"Besides, I suspected more than enough from your new master. He's probably already had his way with you. Or better yet your other masters did. So I don't need to take you back if you're no use. A son won't take a slave as his wife for their household. Not that this isn't Downton Abbey, and you're certainly not Mary".

She still didn't even look.
Jude took another blow of smoke before tapping the cigar to get the ash off.

"But, you seem rather happy here. And.. if I'm honest that's a first. So, I'm releasing you from your prison as my daughter. Let it be known tomorrow".

She took a breath before raising her head to him.

"Releasing me"? Her eyes flared in anger.

"I was free from you when you betted me off to Bora because you lost your gamble. Remember that? How you had to watch in pleasure as they took your child away? How she begged you for help to save her and take back your bet? How even before she wanted you to change and get better and finally be the father she wanted back"!

"If you think raising your voice at me will change anything between us, you're wrong".

"I don't care. There is nothing there anymore. You changed because Mom got sick and died. Because you couldn't handle it you had to take it on the thing that reminded you of her"!

Finally, Jude made a flinching grip on his cigar. She was getting to his anger.

"You didn't hurt your daughter. You were hurting Layla"!

He gritted his teeth as he walked over, grabbing forcefully to her arm and making her wince.
"Why you-"!

The door slammed open of the room.
The two looked up to the three people standing there.

Natsu walked in the room to be seen more. Virgo and Capricorn stayed in the doorway.

"Mr. Heartfilia, I suggest you let her go before I force you to".

Jude flared at Natsu before he let go of Lucy. Walking up to him, he took a final huff and blew it in Natsu's face.

"I was leaving anyways. Sorry Dragneel, but Heartfilia's new Corp. can't work with Dragneels. So I'll take my business off yours".

"No problem. Just don't hurt Lucy or any other friends of mine".

Jude made a smug look and started walking out to the door.
"Dragneel", he said.

Natsu has already walked up to Lucy to her aid and held her close. They both looked to Jude.

"Make it clear to everyone for me, Lucy is no longer a Heartfilia. Make her nothing to the public", he spatted in hate.

Lucy's heart never hurt more. Even when he abandoned her. Her body shook a little as a tear started to burn her eye to be freed.

"She's not a Heartfilia", Natsu spoke.
Before Lucy could react to his word he pulled her close to him in a loving manor.

"She's a Dragneel now".

Her eyes widened.

Hang on, she thought, is this some kind of joke? Wait is he proposing!?

Jude looked surprised for a moment before letting out a "Tsk", and leaving.
Virgo showed the man out the door.

And out of Lucy's life.

"N-Natsu", she spoke softly with her words shaking. He pulled away from her and cupped her cheek.

"Don't let him near you again. Because I'm here and I'm protecting you now".

She started to feel her body ease and calm down.

Natsu have her a smile and kissed her forehead.
"Now, let's get back to the party. Our friends are waiting and I think Erza might be getting in the booze again. Might wanna stop her before she gets the others to join and this place becomes a nightmare".

He took her hand and they started walking out.

As they got to the party,

Well, do you know that movie "The Shape of Voice"? The one about how a dead girl was billed by a boy, but later he learned what he did wrong and found a way to start over and be her friend? And, do you remember the ending?

He felt that he was alone and everyone had an "X" on their face?

Lucy could feel that too.

She looked up at the party and saw smiles. She saw happiness and love all around.

The "X" on everyone's faces peeled off.
She could feel it finally.

She felt it before but now she felt it more.

Freedom.

She let her tears fall down her cheeks as she saw the smiles before her.

Her new friends laughing. Levy and Juvia trying to stop Erza from hurting her husband with a Saké wine bottle. Gajeel yelling at Jet and Droy for making negative comments on his singing.

Natsu, holding up a childish Happy in his little tux and smiling with everyone.

She felt the breaking of her chains.
The chains that held her back from finding her one happiness.

The Chains of Love and Sorrow.

Readers! I'm so sorry that most of your favorite stories haven't been updated in a loooooooong time and that I had published others. I hope that you aren't upset or mad at me.

Now I have more sad news.
This journey of the book is about to end. There is only one more chapter left. And this will be the first book I ever finished and I want to thank you all so so so much for giving me strength and positivity. You all have been so amazing in the stress I have been having and you waited.

Thank you.