Distance

Lucy had locked herself in her room away from Natsu. After what had happened that day, she didn't want to face him. It was just too much for her.

She was writing in a little book she found on her bookshelf. there were other things other than journals. There was also manga, fiction stories, non-fiction, history books, anything really. Lucy had read a few, and some inspired her to be a writer.

there was a knock at her door. She knew it had to be Natsu. He came by her door once or three times a day to see if she'd talk to him. She just kept giving him a cold shoulder. After all, he hit her multiple times. So why would she bother to face him again?

He's just like Bora

He's just like Bora

He's just like Bora

Those words repeated in her head.

Natsus voice was muffled from the other side of the door. She barely heard what he said. Like she could care though.

He'd sometimes pounded his fist on the door, but would stop as if to give up.

She looked down at the letter in her hand. The invitation to the wedding. She had put the opened envelope on her desk and laid on her bed. Her eyes gazing at the ceiling.

"Tomorrow's your day Hunter..".
Lucy's thumbs grazed the envelope. Soon, an idea caught to her. She stood up walking to the door listening.

Silence

Knowing Natsu wasn't there she walked to her closet. Luckily there was a suitcase inside. Pulling it out she placed it on her bed and started packing clothes she'll be needing.

She then picked up her desk phone calling the number on the invitation.

"Hello"?

"Hi. Is Hunter there? I'm a friend of hi-"

"Lucy"?

"..yeah that's me".

"Oh my god! It's me! Sarah"!

"Sarah? Wow, I didn't recognize you..".

"Yeah I know, I sound like a chipmunk on the phone..".

Lucy chuckles from the end of the line.

"So why are you calling? Ooh~ are you bringing someone to my wedding~"

"No... I came to ask a favor".

"Oh"?

"Yeah.. I want to know if it's ok with you and Hunter if I can stay with you guys.."?

There was a silence on the other line.

"Lucy.. What did he do"?
Sarah sound concern about this.

".. N-nothing I-"
"Lucy what happened with you and Natsu"?

Lucy took a deep breath before speaking.

"He's just like Bora"

"Oh Lucy...".
"Please Sarah.."

"Yes.. You can stay at our home as long as you need. We'll even let you stay when Hunter and I go on our honeymoon".

"Thank you so much Sarah.."

"Anything for Hunters best friend".

As Lucy put the phone down she continued to pack.

The days went by slow. As if the world itself stopped spinning.

Lucy was walking in the gardens alone. Just walking, breathing in the sweet aroma of blossoming flowers. Wanting to remember this scent before she left.

Virgo had helped Lucy keep this whole "leaving the Dragneel Manor" mission a secret.

As Lucy walked she stopped dead in her tracks.

He was sitting there, by a tree.

Virgo said he was in his office!

Natsu was dressed in a plain white shirt, black jacket, jeans and some Vans. His yes we're lost. Yet they looked so hurt.

I have to keep my distance

Slowly she tried walking back, but one move and his focus changed towards her direction. His eyes met hers.

Before he could speak or get a chance to stand up she ran. Turning on her heal, running anywhere she can from him.

His voice calling out to her, but she ignored his calls. She kept running and running.

Eventually she stopped, leaning her hand against a tree catching her breath.

Of course Natsu caught up.
"Lucy will you li-"
"Stay away"!

He looked at her. This wasn't a shock to him, he knew what he did.

"Lucy please just listen.."

"I don't have to hear what you have to say"!

She looked away. Her face inches from the tree as she hide her face from him. Her arms shook a bit afraid what he'd do next.

"Well I'm speaking anyways".

She kept her gaze on the tree.

"Lucy I'm sorry. I swear that wasn't me speaking.. It.. It's hard to explain but it wasn't me. I never meant to hurt you Lucy".

She tried not to look at him. His words felt truthful but she was still afraid.

" I don't expect you to forgive me, I just want us to talk again".

This time a rage built inside her.

"Why do t you talk to Lisanna? You two seem to be really good together"

This time she looked. As she did she saw rage in Natsu's eyes. Like a fire looking to burn.

"Be glad that I don't send you back to Bora Lucy! Because I can do that! You never knew Lisanna and you never will"!

With that he walked away.

Lucy just stayed there looking at where he left.

"He'd really do that..".

"Wouldn't he.."

That night Lucy worked on her letter to Natsu. Each word she took her time to write. Tears even formed in her eyes.

The only thing in her head that repeated was his.

"Sincerely, Lucy Heartfilia".

Standing up, putting the letter in a Victorian envelope with his name written in cursive, she quietly walked to his office.

His hair was on the desk, his head resting in his arms. Papers with writing on them that had to do with business.

She walked over looking at him sleeping. She would smile, but she couldn't. She felt emotionless. No feeling for him.

She lightly placed the letter on his desk before walking out his door.

Outside was Hunter, waiting.

Virgo helped carry the luggage out and put it in his car. Lucy hugged Hunter as he hugged her.

"Your like a sister to me. You know that"?

She nodded. She didn't have the courage to speak at the moment.

"Let's go. Sarah is waiting with cookies".

For that moment, a smile came upon the blondes lips.

Ok here it is people! The update you asked for! Guys I can't keep updating when school is going on. I'm sorry. I'm just going through a lot and it's hard for when you keep asking me to update. I'll make it clear that I won't update till Summer. This goes to all my stories. Ok?

Thank you for reading!