Chapter Five

"Good bye Toriel" you turned to face her but she was gone. You felt mixed emotions as you faced the door.
Sadness, Excitement, regret, anxiety. You didn't know how to feel!
You  put your hand on the door, pushing it open, revealing the frosted  scenery and a pathway, coated with a thick layer of snow. You took a  step out and began to walk, hearing the door shut behind you.

You were finally free.

You curiously began to walk but stopped remembered what Toriel had said. "So... Monsters will attack me and it's fully acceptable to do so...." You said to yourself. You made a mental note to be extra careful then continue. As you proceeded, the wind and snow was getting much harsher and it began to bother you. You had no idea where you were nor where to go and you had no warmth whatsoever, you began to feel fear however, you continued to walk. You kept telling yourself you would be fine and you will be somewhere warm but the path looked as if it lasted forever and you didn't even know if there was anything at the end of it. You put your arms around you for warmth as you were shivering quite a bit. Not looking where you were going, you tripped on a root sticking up from the ground. You tried to pull it up because you were mad at it for tripping you but found that it would not budge at all and that it was just a very strong root. A very stupid, strong root that likes to trip people up! "Stupid root" You mumbled and continued to walk.

All you could hear was the howls of the chilling wind and crunch of the snow beneath you feet as you trudged through the freezing substance. After a couple steps, you swore you heard a crack coming from behind you. "Who's there!?" You said, trying to not show any fear. You turned back to see the stupid root had snapped in two as if it was nothing! You ignored it then continued to walk until there was a bridge in front of you with, what looked like, wooden bars along it. You began to hear footsteps coming from behind you however you refused to look back and stay put. The thing that was walking stopped.
"Human" A voice said. They sounded so familiar.
"Don't You know how to greet a new pal?" They continued.
"Turn around and shake my hand" They said. You didn't have anything to loose so you did as the person said, not looking at them. "Ow!" You said, inaudibly. You shook their hand only to feel an electric shock shoot up your arm. You pulled back your hand as it stung a little and made you jump.
"Heheh the old buzzer trick! It's always funny!" The person laughed. You suddenly remembered who the voice belonged to.
"Sans?" You asked.
"How'd you know my name? Wait... Y/n!?"
"Of course! Who else would it be?" You smiled. Sans smiled back. He was always smiling.
"I've wanted to meet you for so long!"
"Same here! it's really nice to finally meet you, Sans" You were really happy.
"You need to meet my bro! Hey! I think that's him over there. Follow me, I'll take you to Snowdin. You can go through this gate thingy. My bro made it wide to stop anyone so you can go on right through."
Sans took your hand and lead you through the snowy forest.

You reached an opening where there was a small wooden stand and a very strange looking lamp.
"Quick! Behind that conveniently-shaped lamp!" As soon as Sans spoke, you ran over to it before any monster could see you. You had no idea what you would encounter here so sticking with Sans was the safest thing you could do.
"Sup bro" Sans said casually.
A taller skeleton walked towards him. He looked like he was wearing some sort of suit and a red scarf with matching boots. To you, he looked like a classic villain from a comic book, which you found entertaining. You wanted to know what type of person or skeleton in this case, he was.
"YOU KNOW WHAT 'SUP' BROTHER!" The skeleton said, he was certainly loud.
"IT'S BEEN EIGHT DAYS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T... RECALIBRATED. YOUR. PUZZLES! YOU JUST HANG AROUND OUTSIDE YOUR STATION! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING!?" He was the polar opposite to his brother.
"Staring at this lamp. It's really cool. Do you wanna look?" Sans asked, gesturing to it.
"NO! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT!! WHAT IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH HERE!?!" He started stamping him feet onto the solid white ground. He was really into what he did.
"I WANT TO BE READY! I WANT TO BE THE ONE! I WILL BE THE ONE! I WILL CAPTURE A HUMAN! THEN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL GET ALL THE THINGS I UTTERLY DESIRE! RESPECT... RECOGNITION... I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD! PEOPLE WILL ASK, TO, BE MY 'FRIEND'?" You presumed the skeleton was called Papyrus since he kept calling himself 'The Great Papyrus' and gesturing to himself. He seemed like such a dork.

He kept rambling on about how he will become so popular and amazing but you zoned out after a while, as entertaining as it was to watch. Suddenly you heard Sans speak again.
"Hey, take it easy bro. I've gotten a ton of work done today. A skele-ton." He said as he winked at you.
"SANS!"
"Come on, you're smiling"
"I AM AND I HATE IT!"
'Look at these two dorks...' You laughed slightly but realized if you were heard you would get caught and stopped immediately.
"WHY DOES SOMEONE AS- WAIT! SANS.. DID YOU HEAR THAT?"
"Here what, bro?"
"LAUGHING..."
"No, you must be hearing things"
"HMM... AS I WAY SAYING!" The skeleton continued talking.
After a small rant, Sans took the opportunity to make another pun.
"Wow. Sounds like you're really working yourself... Down to the bone" Sans looked at you when he said this with his arms out to the sides. You tried your best not to laugh and succeeded but only narrowly.
"UGH! I WILL ATTEND TO MY PUZZLES. AS FOR YOUR WORK? PUT A LITTLE MORE 'BACKBONE' INTO IT!!!! NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!" Papyrus laughed then walked away.
"HEH" He came back then ran away again.
"Ok, you can come out now" Sans said. You walked out from behind the lamp then to Sans.
"Those were some good puns" You smiled. Sans had told you loads before, mostly skeleton ones.
"Thanks but those are nothing compared to my finest ones. Oh... Uh Y/n? I was hoping, if you didn't mind to much... I was thinking...
My brother's been kinda down lately... And the last human he saw... Well let's just say we don't speak of them anymore... But seeing you might just make him happy! I've told him about you before but not that you're a human so maybe you could surprise him. He's not very dangerous so he shouldn't hurt you, even if he tries to..."
You nodded in response, you liked where this was going plus Sans had told you a lot about Papyrus and since he seemed like a nice person, you wanted to meet him.
"Sure! As long as he doesn't actually hurt me by mistake... You may not know this but Toriel taught me magic but I'm not very good and I don't like using it... She said I shouldn't be able to use magic but my 'determination' has something to do with it so I somehow can! It's more to do with my determination than magic though so..." Your voice drifted away as you noticed you were rambling.
"That's cool, at least you can defend yourself if you get attacked by a monster or something. But I won't let that happen." Sans seemed to not mind your rambling, which made you mentally sigh in relief.
"Thank you!" You smiled.
"It's the least you can do since you're helping my bro." He shrugged.
"I guess so but it's nothing really"
"Well we should probably continue. Let's go"
"Alright then"

And with that, Sans continued to help you get through the forest and get to Snowdin.

((I am so sorry that took so long but I've been extremely busy and I've had no time at all to do anything! I want to practice playing my piano (I'm currently playing 'She's playing the piano', 'Ruins', 'Shop', 'Dating START' and 'It's Raining Somewhere Else') but I haven't been able to write and play so I had to choose between one and I chose piano but please don't be mad! I have two weeks off and I will upload more chapters I promise!

Before you say anything, I don't think you realize how long these chapters take to write. They are 10+ Pages long and take about an hour and a half to write if not longer and I don't have an hour and a half of spare time in one go so it's broken up and that's why it takes so long. I am sorry for this but I have other things to do so don't nag me. Is that clear?

Well, that's all I have to say here. I had to get that out of the way but I apologize to those of you who understand and did not have to be told this. Sorry.

I'm going to continue with the next chapter

~Lilian Out))