Hippie or something

Bold means both twins are speaking.

1 week later
Kyoya's pov

It was a typical day I suppose. School passed slowly like always and the host club was currently in session.

Tamaki was being loud, the twins were being...well they were being themselves, Honey was eating cake while Mori was watching him, and Haruhi was talking.

The thing was it wasn't a typical day because once again Sora wasn't here.

"Excuse me Kyoya-sempai."

With my thoughts disrupted I look at the girl standing in front of me.

"Yes?"

"Will Sora be coming back soon?"

"Yeah Kyoya when is Sora coming back?"

I'd been able to hold off their questions for the whole week but I knew it wouldn't last forever. I suppose I need a new lie.

Before I could say anything though the doors opened and in came Sora on a hoverboard scooter type object.

"Did someone say my name?!?" Sora shouts just before ruining his epic entrance by falling flat on his face.

"Owie that really hurt!!! Kyo-kyo kiss it better!!!"

I scoff before replying, "I refuse."

"Sora my darling son daddy missed you!!!"

Oh look a flying blonde idiot slamming into another blonde idiot.

"Nice hair Sora."

"Awwww thanks!!! I really like it. It just you know describes me....woah I sounded like a hippie or something. Hehe."

"Sora-chan where were you??"

"Oh well I got sick but then I got better obviously but before I got to come back to school I got to go to America and that's where I got this really cool hoverboard. Look it's pink!!!! That's also where I got my hair tips dyed!" Sora says in one rushed breath.

"So why couldn't Kyoya tell us that."

"Oh well as punishment for not getting permission for having friends over my dad took away my cellphone so I had to sneak into my dad's office to call one of you...and well I only remembered Kyoya's number. I told him I was sick but not that I was going on a trip cause well I didn't even know I was. Sorry for worrying you all!"

Haruhi look astonished. "But...but but all of that make up work."

"Ehhhh no worries."

"You missed a whole week! A whole week of make up work. How can you not be stressed?"

"Simple the work is really easy."

"No it's not."

Sora and I share a knowing look and he just shrugs giving me permission.

"Despite his behavior, Sora is highly intelligent. He has an IQ of 173."

They all stare at Sora with slack jaws.

Sora simply giggles. "I'm actually already graduated. Sorry."

"My son is a genius!!!!!! Daddy's so proud of you!" Tamaki spins Sora around wildly as Sora giggles.

A crash was heard as Hikaru and Kaoru crash into the wall on the hoverboard.

"Hehe I did the exact same thing when I first rode it."

I let out a sigh as I look at Sora. He looks genuinely happy but I can't get that one night out of my head.

~flashback~

By the time I had got to Sora's house he had calmed down a bit. He was no longer sobbing like he was on the phone. Instead he stared mindlessly at the door. The only sound an occasional sniffle.

He was in sweatpants with a long sleeve shirt on. The clothes his most of his body but not the darkening bruises on his neck.

His father hurt him again and I did nothing.

"Sora." I tried to get his attention but all I got was silence. I shook him hard and he finally looked at me with glassy dead eyes.

"What did he do?"

"Nothing much."

"Nothing much doesn't normally have you calling me sobbing. What did he do?"

He shrugged.

"Tell me."

"Would you miss me if I died?"

"Of course I would why wouldn't I you're my friend. What's brought this on?"

"He didn't hurt me physically so much as mentally. He always hurts me mentally."

"What did he say?"

"He pushed me into a wall and told me it would be better if I was dead."

As an afterthought Sora said, "Maybe he's right."

"God Sora! Of course he's not right. Your family may be horrible but you have the host club as your family and we love you!"

"I know."

"Then stop this nonsense and stop thinking about dying."

Sora turns to me with a smile. "Anything for my Kyo-Kyo!! I love you too much to ever kill myself."

I chuckle at that. Sora is like day and night. I would honestly say he is bipolar.

"By the way Kyo I'm not going to school tomorrow could you just tell them that I'm sick. I need a mental health day and school just does not sound fun."

"Ok just don't miss too much school. You may be graduated but attendance is still important."

"Yeah yeah whatever mommy. Thanks Kyo-bear I owe you."

"Anytime Blondie."

"You might want to leave if my dad catches you here he will kill you."

"Good night." I say as I sneak back out the window.

~end flashback~

I hope Sora is happy. He deserves to be happy.

I think he is. He just gets sad sometimes. Everybody gets sad sometimes.

I hope.

Sora's pov

I'm happy to be back. I realize that I missed the host club. They make me happy.

As long as they never learn the truth then I can continue to be happy.

"I'm sooooooo happy to be back!!!! I was starting to get bored without all of you!"

"We missed you too Sora-chan."

"I shouldn't be going out of town for a while but if I do I'll try to warn you. You must have thought something bad happened."

Everybody starts telling me about their crazy theories. Most of them are insane like how I was abducted by aliens. Huh I wish. Doctor I want to travel with you!

The closet one came from the twins when they said they thought my dad killed me.

All the while I see the look in Kyoya's eyes. The one that says he is worrying. Probably because of what I told him that night.

It was stupid of me to tell him that, but I couldn't have him finding out what really happened to me.

I didn't lie to him though. My father has told me that and on more than one occasion I have thought of doing it. I'm too scared though or maybe I just hope things will get better.

I'm scared that they won't though.

I'm scared that I won't be scared anymore.

I'm scared that nobody can save me.

I am so so sorry about the extremely long wait. I feel horrible but I've been having a really hard time right now. Hopefully the updates will come more often now. Please vote and comment.