~2~

"She really did that?" Astrid asks Hiccup. She is shocked but she kind of expected for something bad to happen.

Hiccup nods. 

They are siting on her couch. After Hiccup kissed her, Hiccup told her what Heather did. And Astrid wasn't happy.

The silence becomes awkward.

"Hiccup," Astrid says. Hiccup looks up at her. "What are we?"

"What do you want us to be?"

"I want us to be together again but I don't want things to be awkward between us."

"It's only awkward if you make it awkward."

"So... Are we together again?" She asks tentatively.

Hiccup smiles. He nods. Astrd smiles back and hugs Hiccup.

They end up falling asleep on the couch.

That's how Ruffnut finds them in the morning. And she is also the reason why Astrid wakes up.

"Ruffnut, shut up! Your so loud!" Astrid snaps at her.

"Just thought you should know that you are laying on Hiccup." She says.

"Yes Ruffnut. I am aware of that." Astrid sits up and looks over at Ruffnut who had seated herself in the chair.

"So, how did it happen?"

Astrid explains what Hiccup told her and Ruffnut doesn't interrupt.

"I knew that girl was fishy. And something was wrong with her too." Astrid snort. "Kay, wake up Prince Charming and lets go meet with the others." Ruffnut says and walks out of their dorm.

Astrid looks over at Hiccup and sees him asleep. He looks peaceful.

When he was still being abused and after she found out, she didn't think that he would ever live in peace. The fear of disappointing people is still alive as long as Hiccup is.But Astrid knows that he could never disappoint her. He may do something stupid from time to time, but disappointing her? 

Never.

She shakes his shoulder to get him up. He doesn't wake up. Just grumbles and goes quiet again.

She frowns and pushes his shoulder. 

Nothing.

She would of thought that he would be a light sleeper. Or that he wouldn't be so hard to get up.

She was wrong. She decides to her last option. She gets up and goes behind the couch. 

She pushes him off the couch.

Hiccup wakes up.

"What was that for?" He snaps. Cranky.

"You wouldn't wake up." Astrid says simply but really, she is trying not to laugh.

Hiccup seems to notice her struggle to keep a straight face and rolls his eyes as he stands up. "Go ahead. Laugh it up." And she does. Eventually, when she stops laughing, she tells her where they are going tot meet the others. Hiccup agrees, and they find the others in the common room and they go to Hiccup's house.

When they get there, Toothless comes running to them. He sniffs them all and licks them in greetings.

They all go to the basement, into the game room. They watch as Tuffnut is trying to open a bottle. ( A/N*snickers* Bottle. Inside joke.) But he can't open it

"Here, let me try." Hiccup offers, holding his hand out for the bottle.

"I can get it open! I am not a daisy in a dress!"

They all stop what they were doing and stare at Tuffnut as if he grew another head. At this point, it would probably make more sense then what he just said.

"What?" Astrid asks. She has never been so confused.

"A daisy in a dress."

"I think you meant a damsel in distress." Hiccup said.

"Well what did I say?"

"A daisy in a dress."

"Don't act you know everything, Hiccup." Tuffnut mutters and hands over the bottle. Hiccup opens it with ease.

"I loosened it." Tuffnut mutters.

"If that will help you get your pride back." The others snicker.

*0*0*

The others had left. Astrid and Hiccup are still in the game room, watching a movie. Toothless has his head in Hiccup's lap. She looks over at Hiccup and sees him staring into the distance, or wall. She isn't sure what he is staring at but he looks peaceful again.

And of course, she takes away his focus.

"Hiccup?" He looks over to her.

"Yes Astrid?"

"Can you please tell me why you don't celebrate your birthday?" Astrid presses.

"Astrid, I already told you, it isn't important."

"Yes it is. There has to be more than just because you lived with... Tom... Most of your life." She says Tom with obvious disgust in her voice.

"It really is just that."

"Fine be difficult. Don't tell me. It's useless trying to find out anything like things like this if you are this stubborn." Astrid grumbles. But she isn't done trying to find out why Hiccup hates his birthday.

And she knows it has nothing to do with it being on Febuary 29th.  He is turning 20-or 5, which ever way you wNt to look at it- and his birthday deserves to be celerbrated.

And she is determined to do so.

***

Ello Scrunch Muffins.

I am calling you that. You have no choice.

Deals with it.

Anyway...

I had stuff I wanted to say...

Crap...

I am running a blank...

Ugh!

Hold on. It will come back.

...

...

...

Oh...  

I remember.

I looked back at my chapters and I read the comments.

I love reading y'alls comments.

I want to think you for the support.

Another thing.

This book my be a little short.

It isn't the last book of the series.

I just have a way to end it and I will make a new book to continue on with the story.

This book will probably have only like... 10... 15 chapters.

It will make sense for why this one will be shorter the than the others in the later chapters.

I am sorry if this was confusing.

But for what it is worth... You may or may not be happy with what I have planned.

But I am going to stop talking so I don't spoil anything.

I tend to spoil stuff.

Bye Scrunch Muffins.