~6~

Even though she knew why this day was upsetting, Astrid was determined to try to brighten up his day. 

And it is Leap day so that makes all that more interesting. 

Hiccup had turned 20-or 5. Whatever way you want to look at it. She manged to set up the party and keep Hiccup away from the dorms all day while Ruffnut worked on setting up everything else. Astrid had also learned to never have Fishlegs distract someone ever again or else said person will end up in a bush.

Astrid is glad that the party will be inside because the sky is gray (A/N: grey?) and cloudy. It doesn't help with how she wants this day to be viewed as. Happy and cheerful. Not depressing and sad.

But of course, things always seem to go to plan before you realize that it won't

Just like now, were she is trying to find her boyfriend. For a guy with a prosthetic that squeaks with every step he takes, he can be really hard to find.

Eventually, she does find him. Sadly for her though, Hiccup is naturally curious. He keeps asking what they are doing.

He did look surprised though, when they got to the common room. He looked happy. That doesn't mean he felt happy.

He had disappeared shortly after they arrived. It had also to started raining. Astrid was trying to find Hiccup but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. 

Then she found Ruffnut. "Have you seen Hiccup?" Ruffnut doesn't answer for a moment before she pulls Astrid somewhere more quiet.

"Yea. I have. But he said he wanted to be alone. I think this was too hard for him." I sigh and she tells me were Hiccup went. 

He is outside.

In the rain.

Fantastic.

I walk outside and I see Hiccup sitting on a bench, soaking wet, and staring into space. His eyes are red, telling me that he was crying.

I have only ever seen him cry very few times. I can tell that he hates crying in front of people. 

I walk over to him and I sit next to him. I put an arm around his waist and I pull him closer. He lays his head on my shoulder. 

I rest my head on top of his and try to comfort him as best as I can.

Things are tough at times.

And when they are, you don't want to rush it.

You have to take your time or it never gets better.

***

To who ever is still reading this.

I am ever so sorry for not updating for a whole month. I have tried to update on my tablet but the app has something against me updating on the app.

I don't know.

If you stopped reading this because of my poor updates, I am sorry.

I have been really busy.

I can't make any promises but I will try to update more often. I am not sure how well it will turn out so bare with me.

Anyway...

Bye scrunch muffins.

(still have no idea what that is...)