Chapter Three - 'Glimpses.'

Five long years of moving from place to place had Draco feeling like he could never settle down and just live until his time on this earth came to a sudden stop. Eva had never left his side even when he sank into the deepest pits of depression or when he pleaded with her to leave him and just go on and live in France. She had stayed with him, fought with him, helped him.

A lot had happened in those five years. Eva had been trying to find her parents but when she talked to a friend of her parents, she was told that they had died in a car crash. Her search had been put to a stop and Draco did his best to take care of her. After finding out about her parents, Eva had no where else to go.

They had close calls with couple of death eaters when they went back to Britain and Draco had saved Eva countless of times while she did the same for him. Their trust had grown stronger and stronger in those five years. They came back to France repeatedly and managed to live a year without running into death eaters but it was Eva’s idea to move to Australia which seemed like a random choice to Draco but Eva had a ‘plan’. He agreed none the less and found himself thanking her again when she showed him that she had his passport.

These chain of events led to Draco and Eva sharing a cheap one bedroom apartment in Australia. They had lived there for nearly two months and were already struggling with rent. The tensions were high and little arguments were starting to form between the two of them.

---

One evening at around 7 pm, Draco was sitting in their small living room with his guitar in his lap. Music and drawing made up most of his time alone in this apartment. Eva had found a job and had tried to encourage Draco to leave the apartment and start his life again but he had declined her. He wasn’t happy per se but he wasn’t depressed either.

Draco plucked a few strings on his guitar, sighing. In his spare time, he had taught himself how to play the guitar and the piano which gave the dull apartment a bit of sound that wasn’t the water dripping just outside of their house. The notes wavered in the air and he frowned, not feeling it in him to make music today. He stood up, laying the guitar on the sofa.

The apartment had a shabby front door which led right into a small living room that consisted of a sofa and TV that Draco didn't have much use for. The kitchen was in a corner, connected to the living room without a door to separate the two. There was one bedroom with a double bed and a wardrobe, a bathroom was connected to their bedroom. It was so small Draco felt like he could suffocate.

He walked over to their bedroom and straight to the window. Cracking the window open, letting in fresh air, he searched his pockets for the release he needed before he started to go insane. He found the cigarette and propped open the packet, extracting one. With a shaking hand, he managed to light the cigarette and puffed a long drag, feeling the euphoria set in his mind and body.

‘Draco.’ He heard the voice from outside in the hall. It was Eva back from her shift. She knocked on the door rashly, ‘open up.’

‘Two seconds!’ Draco yelled from their bedroom, looking behind him. He turned back to the window and took a long drag of his cigarette before chucking it out and onto the grass below him. He quickly sprayed himself with some deodorant and walked out of their room and to the front door, opening it up to reveal Eva. She frowned at him and walked in as he closed the door behind her, ‘you’re so impatient.’

‘You don’t have to lock the door with magic, Draco. No one’s going to find us here,’ Eva assured him. She was wearing a white button up shirt and some trousers with trainers on.

‘Can never be too careful,’ Draco muttered as Eva narrowed her eyes at him.

‘And you’ve been smoking again,’ Eva retorted, crossing her arms over her chest, ‘Draco, you know I don’t like it when you smoke.’