Chapter Fourteen - 'Change of plans.'

Draco watched the smoke drift up into the air as he blew it out from his mouth. It disappeared and he took another drag from his cigarette, blowing the smoke into the air again and watching it.

‘You’ve been at that for exactly three minutes now,’ Hermione said, angrily, ‘we need to leave soon so will you please go and pack some clothes?’

‘Please, calm down,’ Draco rolled his eyes, turning onto his side to put the cigarette out on the ash tray that Hermione had bought especially for him. He butted it out and then took a deep breath, coughing slightly, before turning to look at Hermione.

Draco eyed her up and down, wondering how she could look this beautiful in the mornings. She wore pink shorts and a white tank top that was a little loose on her. The first thing she did as soon as she woke up was bunch her hair up into a ponytail but a few strands came loose and she blew them away from the side of her mouth. Hermione turned to look at Draco, hands on hips.

‘Get up,’ Hermione frowned, shaking her head, ‘I still have to give Rose breakfast, finish packing, take Rose to my mothers and clean up this apartment. I really don’t have time to pack your clothes for you, Draco Malfoy. Now get out of my bed!’

‘Your anger turns me on,’ Draco admitted and smirked slightly at the look on her face. He groaned and pushed the sheets onto the ground, swinging his legs out of bed and pushing himself up. Draco stretched his back, making loud noises as he did so, when the door opened and Rose ran in. She ignored her mother and went straight to Draco who picked her up, ‘look who woke up! Sleeping beauty.’

Rose giggled and hugged Draco around his neck before looking at Hermione, ‘mummy, I’m sleeping beauty!’

‘Yes, I heard,’ Hermione sighed, going to pick up the sheets that Draco had thrown majestically to the ground and made the bed, ‘Rose, please get changed. I need to take you to Grandma’s soon.’

‘But I want to stay with Dway-co,’ Rose said, looking at Draco’s eyes and fake pouting.

Dway-co needs to go home,’ Hermione sighed once more, ‘and you, little missy, need to get changed and have breakfast before I send you to Grandma’s.’

Draco smiled at Rose who was about to throw a tantrum, ‘mummy’s right. Besides, I’ll see you later and I will bring you a present, I promise.’

‘Sweeties?’ Rose asked, hopefully, her eyes lighting up.

‘Sweeties,’ Draco nodded, grinning.

‘No sweeties,’ Hermione shook her head, reaching for Rose, ‘come on, get down and go wear whatever you like. A nice dress, perhaps.’

Hermione got Rose to the ground and watched her run out of the room before she looked at Draco. Hermione smiled softly, running a hand through his bed hair and reaching up to kiss him briefly, ‘you look nice in the mornings.’

‘I look hot all the time,’ Draco boasted, wrapping his arms around her waist and hugging her, ‘mm... I’ll see you in a little while?’

‘Yes, you might want to say your goodbye to Rose since I’m going to take her to my mother’s pretty soon,’ Hermione said, pulling back to look into his eyes, ‘also... I love you.’

‘I love you too,’ Draco grinned and kissed her lips before heading out of the room, calling, ‘princess, where are you?’

Draco walked over to Rose’s room and knocked before walking in. He saw her near her drawers, clothes spilling out as though the drawer was puking. He chuckled slightly and went over, kneeling down to kiss her cheek.