Chapter Eleven - 'Draco... of course.'

A week had went by since Hermione woke up next to Draco in bed, since he had smoked in her bed and put the cigarette out in the mud, since Harry and Ginny had visited her. Hermione had fallen back into her usual routine of taking Rose to school and then rushing off to work before picking Rose up and making dinner for her, helping her with homework, and then finally putting her to bed.

The only complaint she could have made of that week was that Draco hadn’t been around at all. She actually missed him which was odd and very infuriating to admit.

That Monday morning, everything started off the same and went by smoothly. Hermione dropped Rose off at school and bent down so that she could kiss her cheek. She then went into work and cooked breakfast for the few customers that came in before their work started. Just after lunch business would slow down to only a few customers who would take away food. Hermione was chatting to Lisa through her chef’s window as Lisa flicked through a magazine when the door to the restaurant opened.

‘Draco!’ Hermione frowned, glancing up at the door.

Draco walked in, his eyes going to Hermione and grazing over her hair in the chef’s bun with slight amusement in his eyes. He wore a long sleeved top and some jeans with a black belt looped around it. Hermione’s eyes dropped down to the rose he was holding in his hand.

‘Well, Granger, I knew I’d find you here,’ Draco said when he got to the counter. He gave Lisa a dazzling smile, ‘hello, Lisa.’

‘Hello,’ Lisa muttered quietly, dragging her eyes away from Draco to look at Hermione as she came out of the kitchen and proceeded towards the counter instead. Lisa looked between the two of them and then to the rose in his hand.

‘What are you doing here?’ Hermione asked, tilting her head slightly as she regarded him, trying not to let her eyes wander down to that top he was wearing.

‘I’m here to see you, of course,’ Draco rolled his eyes as though that was obvious and Hermione just frowned at him. Draco moved his hand and tucked a strand of loose hair into her bun and then said, ‘did you miss me?’

‘I...’ Hermione felt a blush creep into her cheeks as his hand moved to her cheek instead of her hair. She was suddenly aware that they weren’t alone so she made the effort to move his hand away, ‘Draco, what are you doing here?’

Draco sighed, moving his hands away from her and then he glanced briefly at Lisa before looking at Hermione, ‘I need to talk to you... alone.’

Hermione raised her eyebrows slightly, wondering what on earth he wanted to talk to her about. He hadn’t even been to see her last week and now he showed up at her work to talk to her. Nevertheless, Hermione looked at Lisa who stood up and smiled.

‘We’re not going to get any customers, Hermione,’ Lisa assured her, squeezing her hand lightly, ‘go ahead. I’ll call you if I need you.’

‘Thank you very much, Lisa,’ Draco winked at her and then looked at Hermione, raising his eyebrows, ‘where to, Granger?’

Hermione looked at Lisa before sighing and turning her eyes to Draco. Draco gave her a lopsided smile, raising his eyebrows again as her eyes went down to the red rose in his hands.

‘Come on,’ Hermione said, gesturing to the kitchen.

Draco glanced briefly at Lisa and then followed Hermione into the kitchen, closing the door behind him and watching as Hermione turned around to give him a questioning look. Draco just smiled and sat down on one of the counters, smirking at Hermione’s narrowed eyes.

‘I cook there,’ Hermione muttered, going over to him and attempting to push him off, unsuccessfully. Hermione  groaned lightly, ‘Draco...’