Unknown enemy

-Narrator: Hiccup.

I've been in this damn island all my life, like I had another places to go anyways, but I have never seen something like it. It was like a thunder: you never see it coming, and as soon as you see it, its flying away at an incredible speed. The only thing we know about this monster is the roar he makes during all his attacks. It's an strange dragon, nobody has ever saw it, just like the Night Fury. But unlike him, his fire breaths are much more deadly and powerfull. Somebody even says that he has unlimited fire breathing.

We call it: ''The black fire''.

It happened one normal day for Berk; it was raining, and the sun was setting. The villagers were getting ready for sleeping when suddenly one of the guards on the tower shouted with all his might: ''Dragons!!''. And just like every other day here, in Berk. The vikings took their swords and hammers and went to defend the village.

The attack seemed normal: The Nadders came first, along with the Gronckers and the Zipplebacks, destroying our houses and taking the sheeps and the fish we got on the sea. Then the Monstrous nightmare came, securing our catapults where no longer functional. Finally, the Night fury jumped into action with his signature method; staying in the darkness just for dropping a fireball on an strategic point and fly away to repeat this in a circle. Of course, we where losing the fight, but we were managing to take some dragons with us. My father himself got one Monstrous nightmare and two Nadders that night. And where was I? Sharpening swords of couse! I could not do any other thing but staying in the armory because my father and Gobber united against me for, ahm*... ''keeping me safe'' they said. That night I just wanted to test my brand new weapon on something and shoot it down. I could not, however. At least not that night.

But then, we heard it. The roar of the Black Fire resonating for the very first time on the mountains of Berk. It took me by surprise, it took the villagers by surprise. It even looked that the dragons were surprised. As they stopped doing whatever they where doing and went airborn just to get away and be swallowed by the darkness of the night. The streets were now paralized; the vikings were confused, and I was scared. There was a very unconfortable silence in the village, only interrupted by the constant roar of the Black Fire, witch was growing louder and louder.

Just seconds later, I got out of armory, hoping to see what the heck was going on. As I looked in the sky, I saw a blurred shadow of some sort of creature gliding directly for the place I was. It was getting closer and closer, and the roaring louder and louder, while the shadow was getting bigger and bigger. Suddenly, Gobber appeeared out of nowhere with an axe on his good hand and his favourite hammer un his stump. He stood in front of me, waving the axe above his head. Then he waited for the right moment.

When the creature got close enough, Gobber threw his axe as hard as he could, hoping it lands on the dragon. Everything went too fast from there I almost missed what happened next. But I can remember the shadow passing meters above us while the axe dug in the creature's belly, creating a wound. The Black fire ascended into the sky, blood was dripping from the wound the axe created.

Gobber turned to face me, only to see me petrified un horror. After a couple of seconds, the roaring became louder than ever: we angered the beast. Gobber grabbed me from my arm and dragged me back inside the armory. ''Dont go outside again!'' he said and, without a doubt, he went outside to meet my dad, Stoick.

-Narrator: Gobber.

''What the hell was that Stoick?'' I asked but he seemed as surprised as me. ''I was just going to say the same to you''. He said, he looked into the sky, looking for the dragon that assaulted us, and so did I, seconds later. We saw, for a split second, the Black fire flying away at a speed he had never seen before. And in a matter of minutes, the roaring was not audible at all. When everything seemed calm, Stoick looked down and watched the blood the creature had lost. It was black and sticky, it took a long time to decide to pick some up or not. We were afraid it was poisoned. Finally, Stoick got some and licked it. It inmediatly spat it. ''This is not normal blood...'' he said. Moments later he announced: ''we are having a meeting right now, spead it, Gobber.'' And in no time, I was running to inform the rest of the villagers about this unexpected reunion.

-Narrator: Hiccup.

Resuming, it's scary. Since that day, the Black fire attacks our village with his explosive fire breath. Honestly, I dont want to meet him if it shows up on the ground, because I work just like a magnet for trouble, witch thankfully doesen't do so much. In fact, nobody has ever seen him on the ground... yet.

But its been weeks, and a lot of analysing movements. Now, its time for me to bring down that nightmare and finally put it into rest so my dad and the village respect me.

Once, and for all.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If you read this, please comment if you like it. Is the best you can do to maintain the book alive!

Goodbye!