Retaliation

-Narrator: Astrid.

''Ok, don't panic, we have them with the guard down. We can take Hiccup and send him to Stoick.'' I said calmly to the rest of the gang, though inside I was shaking. ''But what about Mark?'' Fishlegs pointed. ''He's asleep. Let's see if we can keep it like that, but if he wakes up and tries to do anything, don't hesitate on killing him.'' ''Kill him?'' Fishlegs screeched a little too loud. ''Sssh!'' Everyone said. ''I-I mean he's bad and all, but I think it's a little bit of a strech...'' He continued quietly. ''There's no choice. Me and Snotlout will keep an eye on Mark, while the rest of you three gets Hiccup. Ready...? Let's go.''

All of us walked slowly to the entrance of the cave, waiting for me to enter before the others follow me. I sneaked up next to Mark, and grabbed my sword, ready for anything. Snotlout came walking next to me moments later. The other ones were approaching Hiccup, sleeping on the ground. Tuff and Ruff grabbed the bag where Hiccup was in and lifted it up, while Fishlegs wandered around, nervous. ''Don't drop him, or he'll wake up!'' He whispered to the twins. ''Shut up and help a little.'' Tuffnut answered annoyed.

Mark didn't seem to notice, as he wasn't moving. So I told the others to calm down. They carried Hiccup in the bag outside the cave,and then waited for us. ''Ok, Snotlout let's go.'' He nodded to my order and followed me. We were almost outside when I realized that the boy wasn't following me anymore, and just when I was going to come back for him, he appeared from inside the cave again. ''Where have you been?'' I asked to him, and realized that he was carrying something in his hands. ''I thought of taking this from him. You know, better leave him with no weapons at all...'' He answered.

He showed me the artifact; it was the weapon Mark used against Stoick, and I still don't know how such a small thing caused Stoick to get injuried. Snotlout played with the weapon, showing how good he was... again.

But the fun ended fast for him.

Suddenly, in a rough move, the artifact fired, making a very loud noise that resonated over the island. The teenager let go of the weapon, scared and backed up a few meters. ''Ugh... what is going on?'' I heard a familiar voice ask beind me. It was Hiccup, waking up. When he straightened himself, the twins lost balance of the bag Hiccup was in and he fell to the ground.

''WHAT THE HELL!?'' Hiccup screamed instantly. I pinned him to the ground, covering his mouth. 

But is was already too late.

-Narrator: Mark.

I was sure I heard something before. Dang it, I didn't trust myself. 

I standed up and ran to the desk next to me, surprisingly, I didn't found my revolver there. In a quick reaction, I grabbed my dagger, laying in the desk too, and went outside as fast as my tired legs could. When  got out, I saw the gang forcing Hiccup on the ground. When they saw me, they started running away. I started running faster, and I began to catch them up. The first one I passed was a fat kid that was panting and crying ''NO! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!'' He suddenly gave up and stopped, waiting for me to kill him. On a huge surprise for the viking, I passed him, not slowing down as I had more important things to care about. 

Like that meddlesome girl called Astrid.

The vegetation was getting thicker and more abundant with every step. And the rest of the gang slowed down, as it sure was hard to carry somebody against their will, while another person was chasing them. 

''Ok, ok! I'm sorry! Take it back!'' One of them shouted to me, and moments later, my gun was flying towards me. I catched it, but continued running. ''Oh gods, he's not stopping!'' The same boy shouted. ''Guys, my legs hurt!'' One of the twins complained. Suddenly, the girl with the big sword in her belt stopped running and turned around to face me.

''Not stopping for you, lady.''

-Narrator: Stoick.

''Are you sure the gang's not lost?'' I asked. Gobber sighed, very annoyed. ''For the tenth time, I'm sure they are absolutely ok-''. But a shout cut him in mid speech. Suddenly, Tuff, Ruff and Snotlout appeared from the forest shouting and running like mad. They were carrying somebody together, and I recognized him almost instantly.

''Hiccup!'' I acclaimed.

The teens ran next to me and I grabbed my son with both hands. He struggled with me, but I didn't budge. ''HICCUP YOU-!'' but I got cut by one of the teens that started talking to me in an alarm voice. ''Stoick! Astrid is in the forest, she fighting Mark!'' I looked at them and then to the forest, as if I could see them through the trees. I gave Hiccup to Gobber and I grabbed my hammer. ''Don't let him go anywhere. I'll be back.'' I said to him, and I ran to the forest.

About two minutes of running straight at a random direction, I saw two figures moving violently in the darkness. I ran even faster, and so I was with them in matter of seconds.

What I saw was startling.

Astrid and the pilot were having huge fight; Mark using some sort of dagger and Astrid with her sword. The sound of the steel clashing with each other repeating with each poke they had echoed on the mountains. Eventually, Mark feinted and Astrid got tricked and fell to the ground, leaving her wide open for the attack. I was about stopping him when I realized that he wasn't going to end her. Instead, he used the opportunity to scape at the direction of the beach as fast as he could.

I helped Astrid to her feet. ''Are you ok?'' I asked. ''Yeah... where is he.?'' She answered. ''Don't worry, I'll take care of him. Relax and take rest for a minute.'' She wanted to complain, but finally nodded. Then, I started running after Mark yet again. This time it took me less than thirty seconds to get out of the forest and enter the beach. When I came out, I saw Mark pointing his weapon to Gobber, who had Hiccup behind him. The other vikings were frozen in the spot, unable to move, thinking that, if they do, they will earn instant death. ''Leave him alone.'' The pilot ordered. Gobber didn't move or say anything, and that caused Mark to get even more nervous.

''Leave him! Now!'' He screamed this time. I had to do something, anything, to protect my people. I had no time to think of another solution that... attacking.

And, just like that, I charged to him with my hammer.