The calm precedes the storm

-Narrator: Mark.

''What the heck are you doing here?'' I asked grabbing him from the arm and dragging him to the cave. ''I was looking for you! What's the problem?'' He responded, tipping almost on everything as we enter the very improvised hangar. ''Did you read my note, didn't you?''

''Yes.''

''And you remember everything I wrote in it.''

''Every word.''

''Then, why did you still come in here, if I specifically told you not to do so?!'' I raged, and he looked at me like I was out of my mind. Well, actually, I WAS out of my mind. ''And by the way how did you even found me?'' I asked. ''Uh... pure luck? I memorized whitch way you went when you scaped, and followed it in a straight line. A day after, I saw this island.'' I couldn't believe it. And it was my fault, all my fault. I knew what world was at the other side of these lands. ''I knew giving you the manal wasn't a good idea.'' I sighed and sat on my plane's wing.

Hiccup seemed ashamed. He was looking to the ground, arms limp. Just like a dog. I felt sorry for him, after all, it was my fault. He only wanted to reunite with the person that he thought was the one that considered his best friend. His only friend. I took a minute to calm down, then I got up and layed my hand on his shoulder. ''Hey... It's fine.'' I looked at his plane, parked outside. ''Your plane looks cool. Can I take a look at it?'' I said, trying to cheer him up. ''Sure... like it's yours.'' He mumbled.

We went outside and I entered to the plane's cockpit. It was very primitive, not to be surprised, of course. I mean, for a twelve year old kid to build a working plane, is very impressive. It had the control stick, the rudder pedals, the throttle and the very basic indicators: Airspeed, fuel and the compass. When I got out, I examined the rest of the aircraft. The fuselage was made of wood, the wheels were made of wood as well, and the engine was very bulky, the four cylinders were poking out of the upper part of the engine compartment. The exhaust was located at the side, and the propeller had two blades.

I touched one of the exposed cylindes. It was red hot! I instantly retracted my arm, screaming. ''Oh yeah, that is how I know how heated the engine is.'' Hiccup said. I looked at him: ''Well, tahnks for the advice...'' I glanced, and my hand was burned. Hiccup approached to me and said: ''Oh... That needs some medicine.'' 

And then I remembered; the package! It was still in the lake, and the supplies were not going to last very long. ''Ok, now I need your help for something. But after this, you are going back to Berk.'' I walked to the cave and took a rope with a hook on one end. Hiccup was following me. ''I can't do that. If I come back, my dad is going to kill me!'' He excused. ''Litterally?'' I asked. ''What?'' He asked back, confused. ''Is he going to kill you literally?'' I repeated. ''Of course not! What do you think he is? An animal?''  ''Well, if you stay with me you are going to meet people that will kill you...''

''...literally.''

-Narrator: Hiccup.

What was he talking about?

People that want him dead? Why? Did he do something? ''Why not try speaking with them?'' I asked him. Mark was already on it's way to somewhere and I was following his steps. ''Yeah, speaking. Ha! Try that before they launch a rocket to your head.'' He responded. I tapped my forehead, whatever that ''rocket'' thing was, it didn't sound friendly. ''Besides, you don't know german anyway.''

I followed him for a couple of minutes more and we arrived to a lake. He stopped at the shore, and I got near him. While he was attacking the rope to his waist, I started thinking. ''Are the ones you are talking about the same ones that killed your father?'' I asked, puzzling everything together. ''It's much more complicated than that.'' He answered, nervous. 

  ''Mark, I want to help you, but to do so I need to understand. '' I demanded grabbing his arm, trying to get his attention. He stopped and looked at me, right into my eyes, like if he wanted to see if I had the merit for the information. After that, he sighed. ''Alright, you win. I will tell you everything after we take this crate from the water.''

''Everything?'' I asked.

''...everything.''

-Narrator: ??????

''We might have a location.''

The general said. I was next, listening to him. ''Where.'' A soldier asked. The general extended a map of the archipielago  and pointed his finger on a very small island at the north of our position. ''That is unknown territory. Nobody that entered there came back.'' The same soldier said. The general looked directly at him: ''You do not believe in these... legends, do you? You know they are just that, legends.'' ''I don't know...'' He said quietly.

''Listen...'' The general started. ''...that stupid jewish piece of crap has been causing too much trouble for too much time. He scaped the camp, stola a prototype craft and killed dozens of soldiers. It's time to finish him, in order to complete Filler's final solution.''  ''Hail hitler!'' I heard the soldiers in my back shout when they heard the general. ''We'll sent an squadron of six fighters and three bombers to the island. Anyhting that seems minimally suspicious, will be bombed until it's nothing but ashes.'' I said. ''Good, you have permission to bring together the best pilots you can find.'' The general said, nodding in agreement. ''When can we departure?'' I asked before leaving.

''Immediately.''