Something to remember

- Narrator: Hiccup.

I carefully looked outside of the house, checking if somebody was able to see us. It was launch-time, to the streets were empty to say the least... ''Camon, the armory is a couple of houses to the left.''

Mark looked at me confused. ''But how are you going to get me out of the island? The fighter is demolished, we will need at least another week of hard fork to fix it! That is of course, if nothing goes wrong.'' I crouched to the next house, Mark followed me. ''We don't have the time my friend; you are going to be executed tomorrow morning.''

Mark gasped. ''What?'' He screamed, almost giving up our position. He immediately got behind me. ''I'm being executed?'' he asked silently. ''Yes, my father doesen't want you alive anymore. And he's got all the village on his side.'' Mark looked around, now moving more carefully, as he didn't want to get spotted. ''So... what is your plan?'' He asked, and I was glad he did: ''You will see when we enter the armory.''

As I thought, all the vikings were eating at the time, even my father. Only the tower guards were in their positions, but they were more concentrated looking for dragons in the sky that taking care of their own village. 

We finally arrived to the armory.The front door was locked from the inside, so we entered from the back door. It was easy until we entered the room where the plane was; it was, in fact, there, covered with a rusty, brown blanket. What we didn't notice, was the person sitting on the right wing, eating a piece of ham with his stump. ''Gobber?'' I thought. I totally didn't spect him there. Mark, that was crouched behind me, looked at him and loaded the revolver.

When I heard the drum's ''click'' noise, I made a signal to him, telling him not to move. He nodded slowly, and let go of the weapon. I slowly approached Gobber from behind, he didn't hear me, so I grabbed one of the tools from the toolbox and lifted it above my head. ''I'm sorry Gobber.''

*KNOCK*

I knocked him out with the metal tool. I saw him go limp and falling on the floor. I let go of the metal artifact, not giving credit for what I've done. I looked at Mark and then to Gobber's body again. Mark slowly got his fingers on his neck for a pair of seconds. ''Nice... he's ok, but unconscious.'' He stated. Then, he proceeded to move the body, leaving it leaned at the nearest wall. ''I think he will awake in about half an hour.'' He said. ''Now what?''

I smiled and grabbed the blanket, then pulled it, showing the plane as good as new.

-Narrator: Mark.

''How?''

I mumbled with the most impressed expression I had done in a really long time. ''I've been working on it since you got knocked out... and with the help of your lessons and the instructions manual, I think I got it more or less ready for flying.'' I looked at him and then at the fighter, then to Hiccup and then to the plane again. I was completely astonished. ''You did all of this?'' He straightened, proud of his job. It sure wasn't something people say to him much, so he enjoyed the moment as much as he could.

I passed my hand over the aircraft's fuselage, it looked like it was made yesterday. I then jumped into the cockpit and tested the controls withouth turning on the engine. They looked pretty nice as well, then I opened the hood and gave a quick glance to the engine. It all seemed in place. I jumped out, and approached Hiccup. ''Why?'' I just asked. He looked down to the ground. ''Because I know why you asaulted Berk, because I know how it feels to lose a part of your family, but most importantly, because you are the closest thing I got to a real friend.''

 I remembered my brother, Hiccup looked a lot like him, tears started forming in my eyes. I never had anybody that cared for me that much in a very long time as well. Suddenly, he continued: ''And not even my dad is going to hurt you, I promise.'' The feelings were too much, and I broke in a hard cry. Then hugged him like it was the most important thing I had. And it was in some way.

After a couple of moments, I calmed down and tryed to look serious. ''So... what's the plan.'' I asked. '' You need to get out of here as fast as you can, make sure nobody follows you, ok?'' It seemed fair enough, but there was one small detail that bothered me. ''But what about you? If they discover that you helped me scaping, they are going to kill you!'' ''Dont worry about me...'' he said. ''... I will make it look like you forced me to do it. Just make sure to dont come back.'' I gave another look at the plane. Was I really going to do it? Leave the only person that cared for me? Well, at the risk of dying, I hadn't too much of a choice. But I wasn't going to leave without giving him something back... something to remember.  

I pulled the revolver out of my pocket. Then I loaded out one bullet from the drum, and gave it to Hiccup. ''Take this bullet.'' I said. ''And everytime you suffer from enything, remember:'' I stopped a second before continuing. 

'' You are not alone.''

-Narrator: Hiccup.

He gave me the bullet. I putted it in my pocked and then proceeded to open the front door when Mark makes the sign. He got in the plane again and made sure that everything was in place. Then he started the engine. I literally crossed my fingers wishing that the engine works. The whole craft buzzed desperately for air, then I realized the air intake, was covered. When I got the piece of wood out of it, the engine roared.

I opened the door and got out of the way of the plane. The machine got out in seconds, placing itself near me and aligned with the street. Mark looked at me, thinking it was the last time he was going to see me. Then he waved at me, and I waved back. After that, he pushed the throttle all the way up, whitch caused the engine to roar loudly. He released the brakes and the metal machine started moving.

Maybe I was just imagining things, but I thought I heard him saying ''Goodbye.'' In the distance.