Lessons

Narrator: Stoick.

''He is out of control! Hiccup can't control him Stoick. You need to.'' She shouted me, I was there, sitting in front of Astrid, listening about what happened in the morning. Gobber was standing at my left listening too. ''And, Astrid, why were you spying him?'' Gobber asked. ''I did not trust him.'' She said, looking down at her bandaged arm. ''And  now I have yet another reason, if they were not enough by now.'' I looked at Gobber and then sent Astrid home. I told her mother to take care of her. Then I headed to the armory with Gobber. I was a bit angry, I admit. But not surprised. I knew leaving the pilot with Hiccup was not a good idea at all. Still, Gobber convinced me to do it. Now I take that decision back.

''Stoick listen, I don't trust that guy neither, but I'm sure that Hiccup can handle him!'' I stopped, looking at him. '' And how do you know that he can handle him? He can't even handle a medium sword!'' I responded, angrily. He waited a pair of seconds before answering.

''Because otherwise he would be dead by now.''

-Narrator: Hiccup.

It was getting late, but I didn't care, I was so amused with the lessons Mark was giving me, that I forgot about the time. He explained me how the engine works, how the aerodynamics helped the plane go faster and how the spoilers made the plane turn. I spent all day trying to assimilate all the information he gave me.

When he was about to finish the lessons for that day, Stoick entered via front door, followed by Gobber. Mark closed the book and standed up, watching Stoick. Then I realized that Stoick had something hanging on his hip. I looked at it but I didn't recognice it. Mark, however, knew what it was, and my dad knew that he wanted it, so he wasn't going to give it the easy way. ''Hiccup, I want to talk to you.'' my dad said. ''Gobber, stay with him.'' He ordered then. Gobber nodded in agreement. Then he sat in the plane's wing. Mark grunted but he didn't do anything. After that, I followed my dad to the back room.

He locked the door.

''Hiccup, you know what happened this morning, don't you?''. I sighed and looked away from his figure. ''You need to control him more. Otherwise I will cancel this project, and throw him at the ocean.'' I looked at him, speechless. ''You can't do that!'' I started. ''Yes I can. And I will if I have to.'' he added. ''He broke Astrid's arm, Hiccup. If you don't take care of him, I will.'' ''Dad. Please... we are almost ready to start repairing it... Give me some time, please.'' I cried. He looked at me. ''I give you five days. That's all the time you got.'' Then, it gave me the metal artifact that was hanging in his hip before. ''If you need to, use it against him.'' He putted in my hands. ''But... I don't know how it works.'' My dad looked at me, calmly.

''I'm sure you will figure it out.''

-Narrator: Gobber.

He stayed in place, looking at me in the eyes. It was acting oddly calmed. The pilot and I continued staring at each other by a couple of minutes before Hiccup and the chief  got out of the other room. ''C'mon Gobber, let's go. We are expecting dragons tonight.'' He ordered. I followed him, walking out of the armory. After a pair of meters, I asked: ''Sooo... how was it?'' ''They have five days.'' He said without looking at me.

-Narrator: Mark.

I waited until the two vikings left. Then, I looked at Hiccup. He was holding something.

My revolver.

I snapped and tryed to take it from his hands quickly, but he was fast enough to evade my hand. He looked at me saying: ''I will give you this when we finish with this. That was the deal wasn't it?'' my face turned red. Was real what he just said? I approached him, staring at his eyes. ''That revolver Smith and Wesson 1900 customized by my own grandfather is not a joke to me, kid. Give it to me, now.'' I ordered. Hiccup however, holded the gun thight. I gritted my teeth. ''Again, my name is not kid, is Hiccup.'' he responded, calmly. My whole body wanted to break his arm in three to get the revolver and open other six holes in his head, one for every letter his name had, just to remember it. But, suddenly, I decided to calm down and think again about it: me and Hiccup made a deal this morning. And, even if I don't want to, a deal is a deal. And my family NEVER breaks a promise.

''Ok Hiccup, you got me. A deal is a deal after all. But I want your part done when this ends.''

He smiled. Then, he closed the front door and locked it. ''Consider this like a lesson.'' he said. I stared at him, confused .''A lesson about what?'' I said.

''A lesson about trust.'' He responded.

And, in some ways, he was right.

The Black fire (BOOK 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें